Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fox Security Model FSS7500 wireless alarm

Yes I know wireless linked alarms are horrible things at the best of
times but a neighbour of mine has one and he has a problem with one of
his PIR sensors, it goes through batteries every couple of weeks. I've
had a word with Maplin, who sold it in the first place, and they no
longer support replacements. So I'm wondering if anyone here knows
enough about them to suggest a possible replacement unit that would
match the system or maybe even have the odd one lying spare that they
would like to pass on. The item number is FWP100
--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Al Al is offline

it goes through batteries every couple of weeks

Having used a Fox wireless alarm years ago, I never had this problem. My
only guess is that the 'walk test' light has been left on or switched on
accidentally. That will kill a battery in a matter of weeks in a high
traffic area. ISTR there is a switch or a jumper inside the PIR.

I have a complete system somewhere - Panel, PIRs, window contacts, doorbell
etc. The chances of me finding it in a hurry are close to zero sadly

Al.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Al
writes
it goes through batteries every couple of weeks

Having used a Fox wireless alarm years ago, I never had this problem. My
only guess is that the 'walk test' light has been left on or switched on
accidentally. That will kill a battery in a matter of weeks in a high
traffic area. ISTR there is a switch or a jumper inside the PIR.

I have a complete system somewhere - Panel, PIRs, window contacts, doorbell
etc. The chances of me finding it in a hurry are close to zero sadly

Al.

Hi Al,
that may well be the cause, I'll pop around and take a look.
Personally I would much prefer a wired system but this guy has had it
for years and is happy with it and doesn't want to change

I know the feeling, I have a garage, attic and spare room full of useful
bits, just no idea where they are!
--
Bill
Junior Member

Have you tried ukpanels.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Bill, John wrote:
Is he using the correct, probably alkaline, batteries?

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...rm-559677-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
replying to Bill, John wrote:
Is he using the correct, probably alkaline, batteries?

This post is seven years old you thick ****, no one knows what you are
talking about.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to John, CHRIS RHYMER wrote:
My Fox alarm from Maplins (purchased many years ago) worked up to a week ago
and now it seems jammed on the panic alarm . If you leave it switched off it
goes to panic after 15 secs and if you set it it goes straight to panic.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...rm-559677-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/16 13:14, CHRIS RHYMER wrote:
replying to John, CHRIS RHYMER wrote: My Fox alarm from Maplins
(purchased many years ago) worked up to a week ago and now it seems
jammed on the panic alarm . If you leave it switched off it goes to
panic after 15 secs and if you set it it goes straight to panic.

Fascinating. What happens if you run over it in your car?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 16/11/16 13:14, CHRIS RHYMER wrote:
replying to John, CHRIS RHYMER wrote: My Fox alarm from Maplins
(purchased many years ago) worked up to a week ago and now it seems
jammed on the panic alarm . If you leave it switched off it goes to
panic after 15 secs and if you set it it goes straight to panic.

Fascinating. What happens if you run over it in your car?

It panics

Electronics Line USA releases Infinite: A Wireless Security Alarm Panel for the Future Electronics Line USA Press UK diy 0 September 4th 07 09:34 PM
Wireless Burglar Alarm Piers James UK diy 3 January 25th 07 09:06 PM
Wireless alarm - AEI? [email protected] UK diy 1 January 9th 06 04:02 PM
Wireless security alarms AJB UK diy 5 September 6th 05 09:09 PM
Simple cheap wireless personal alarm (not intruder alarm) required Roy Gilbert UK diy 7 May 6th 04 07:46 AM