Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Advice On Glass Shelf Supports

I bought a couple of ex MFI glass shelves off Ebay and got one ok but
awaiting a replacement for the other as it was in bits .
They are 800mm x 200mm x 6mm . I have bought 6 brackets which are
110mm deep similar to
http://www.sdslondon.co.uk/product/1...t_5_32_mm.html

but I'm not sure if I should use 3 per shelf or if 2 will do.

I've been Googling to see if I can find suggestions for how many
brackets are needed for certain lengths but so far haven't found
anyhting .
Any ideas ?

--------------
Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address
but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded .
Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart B wrote:
I bought a couple of ex MFI glass shelves off Ebay and got one ok but
awaiting a replacement for the other as it was in bits .
They are 800mm x 200mm x 6mm . I have bought 6 brackets which are
110mm deep similar to
http://www.sdslondon.co.uk/product/1...t_5_32_mm.html

but I'm not sure if I should use 3 per shelf or if 2 will do.

I've been Googling to see if I can find suggestions for how many
brackets are needed for certain lengths but so far haven't found
anyhting .
Any ideas ?

If supported at the ends, with a uniform load of 10 lbs per foot, the shelf
would only sag by 1.21mm.

http://www.woodbin.com/calcs/sagulator.htm

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 03 May 2009 19:49:12 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Stuart B wrote:
I bought a couple of ex MFI glass shelves off Ebay and got one ok but
awaiting a replacement for the other as it was in bits .
They are 800mm x 200mm x 6mm . I have bought 6 brackets which are
110mm deep similar to
http://www.sdslondon.co.uk/product/1...t_5_32_mm.html

but I'm not sure if I should use 3 per shelf or if 2 will do.

I've been Googling to see if I can find suggestions for how many
brackets are needed for certain lengths but so far haven't found
anyhting .
Any ideas ?

If supported at the ends, with a uniform load of 10 lbs per foot, the shelf
would only sag by 1.21mm.

http://www.woodbin.com/calcs/sagulator.htm

That's useful.Not seen that site before .Thx

--------------
Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address
but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded .
Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 03 May 2009 20:50:11 +0100, Stuart B
wrote:

Mine is better

Any posting using the name Stuart B is a sad little old man from
glasgow who is email address is and nobody love's
him as he lives alone with no children and no wife and thinks people
give a damm about his signature.

Shelf supports Roger Morton UK diy 6 November 10th 08 07:40 PM
Shelf supports Jimbo Woodworking 1 September 7th 07 07:19 PM
Do shelf supports like this exist? Gordon Airporte Woodworking 9 August 28th 06 07:11 PM
Shelf supports in vanity Jag Man Home Repair 4 March 23rd 05 10:08 AM
Optimum spacing between shelf supports D.M. Procida UK diy 6 July 28th 03 01:18 PM