Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 1900x800 (or 750) double ended acryllic/plastic bath?

I'm not asking people to search for me (I've done a lot of googling),
but does anyone just happen to know of a double ended bath that is
1900mm x 800mm (or 750mm) and ideally less than 550mm high and made
of something light like acryllic/plastic?

The constraints come from the room size. We could use an 1800 or 1700
and build a box at the end but I'd rather have it go from wall to wall
if I can find one.

There seem to be some spa baths this size, and some steel ones, but I
can find nothing plain in acryllic/plastic.

thanks,

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RobertL wrote:
I'm not asking people to search for me (I've done a lot of googling),
but does anyone just happen to know of a double ended bath that is
1900mm x 800mm (or 750mm) and ideally less than 550mm high and made
of something light like acryllic/plastic?

The constraints come from the room size. We could use an 1800 or 1700
and build a box at the end but I'd rather have it go from wall to wall
if I can find one.

There seem to be some spa baths this size, and some steel ones, but I
can find nothing plain in acryllic/plastic.

thanks,

Robert

Beware double ended baths.
Because they slope at both ends, they are actually more cramped for a
single person.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 23, 12:29*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
RobertL wrote:
I'm not asking people to search for me (I've done a lot of googling),
but does anyone just happen to know of a *double ended bath that is
1900mm x 800mm (or 750mm) *and ideally less than 550mm high and made
of something light like acryllic/plastic?

The constraints come from the room size. *We could use an 1800 or 1700
and build a box at the end but I'd rather have it go from wall to wall
if I can find one.

There seem to be some spa baths this size, and some steel ones, but I
can find nothing plain in acryllic/plastic.

thanks,

Robert

Beware double ended baths.
Because they slope at both ends, they are actually more cramped for a
single person

That's an interesting point, you mean that if you lie out full length
your feet are uncomfortably lifted so you tend to use only half of it,
even if there's only one of you in it.

hoever, at present weoften fit two of us an 1800x800 single ended bath
and the main problem is the uprightness at the 'wrong' end, ratehr
than the upward sloping bottom.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
RobertL wrote:
[...]

I do.

hoever, at present weoften fit two of us an 1800x800 single ended bath
and the main problem is the uprightness at the 'wrong' end, ratehr
than the upward sloping bottom.

Yes, BUT if you then slope that, the person at the square end slides
down, and the person at the sloping end cant stretch out.

I strongly reccommend a showroom dry run with you and partner..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
RobertL wrote:
[...]

it would need to be a "wet run" rather than a "dry run" if all that
sliding it to be tested. I'm not sure that's allowed in Homebase.

however, it's all rather academic if there is no such bath to be found
anyway.

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

Because they slope at both ends, they are actually more cramped for a
single person.

What does marital status have to do with it? :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 23, 11:13*am, RobertL wrote:
I'm not asking people to search for me (I've done a lot of googling),
but does anyone just happen to know of a *double ended bath that is
1900mm x 800mm (or 750mm) *and ideally less than 550mm high and made
of something light like acryllic/plastic?

To answer my own question, I have now found such a bath made by
VITRA. they do a 2000mm x 800mm bath.

Robert

Double ended fixings Mark A UK diy 11 January 20th 07 01:10 AM
Cleaning Plastic Bath Bookworm UK diy 14 July 2nd 06 08:51 PM
Steel Bath or Plastic Stuart UK diy 3 March 15th 06 09:30 AM
Special double ended drill bits [email protected] Home Repair 5 February 17th 06 12:04 AM