Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Double ended fixings

Anyone know where you can get double ended fixings? I'm after ones that
have a wood screw at one end, and a bolt at the other. Not large,
something like a size eight with a 6mm bolt, or so.

Cheers

Regards

Mark
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark A wrote:

Anyone know where you can get double ended fixings? I'm after ones that
have a wood screw at one end, and a bolt at the other. Not large,
something like a size eight with a 6mm bolt, or so.

Cheers

Regards

Mark

screwfix.com, probably toolstation.com as well.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ups.com...
Mark A wrote:

Anyone know where you can get double ended fixings? I'm after ones that
have a wood screw at one end, and a bolt at the other. Not large,
something like a size eight with a 6mm bolt, or so.

Cheers

Regards

Mark

screwfix.com, probably toolstation.com as well.

NT

But have you actually seen these? cos I havn't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark A" wrote in message
Anyone know where you can get double ended fixings? I'm after ones that
have a wood screw at one end, and a bolt at the other. Not large,
something like a size eight with a 6mm bolt, or so.

Cheers

Regards

Mark

Screwfix

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/searchresults.jsp;jsessionid=VHIJAZN2NZTKACSTHZOCF FY?_dyncharset=UTF-8&howMany=15&searchText=6020

Part 16020 but be aware they only have 10mm of threaded M6, not equal
amounts as their picture - I would have sent them back but it wasn't worth
the bother!

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Andrews wrote:

Part 16020 but be aware they only have 10mm of threaded M6, not equal
amounts as their picture - I would have sent them back but it wasn't
worth the bother!

Hmm, the picture looks to be exactly what I'm after, but 10mm would
not be enough, dang it!

Cheers for looking though.

Regards

Mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:04:47 +0000 Mark A wrote :
Anyone know where you can get double ended fixings? I'm after ones
that have a wood screw at one end, and a bolt at the other. Not
large, something like a size eight with a 6mm bolt, or so.

Do you mean a wood screw at one end and threaded at the other like a
stud. Screwfix sell them and IIRC you can find them in sheds with
staircase parts and fittings.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:49:41 +0000, Mark A wrote:

Peter Andrews wrote:

Part 16020 but be aware they only have 10mm of threaded M6, not equal
amounts as their picture - I would have sent them back but it wasn't
worth the bother!

Hmm, the picture looks to be exactly what I'm after, but 10mm would not be
enough, dang it!

Cheers for looking though.

Regards

Mark

===============================
Strangely enough the M4 x 40 has 20mm of each thread:

Cic.

--
================================
Testing UBUNTU Linux

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cicero wrote:

Strangely enough the M4 x 40 has 20mm of each thread:

That'd do me. I guess a quick nip to Screwfix is in order.

Cheers!

Regards

Mark
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tony Bryer wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:04:47 +0000 Mark A wrote :
Anyone know where you can get double ended fixings? I'm after ones
that have a wood screw at one end, and a bolt at the other. Not
large, something like a size eight with a 6mm bolt, or so.

Do you mean a wood screw at one end and threaded at the other like a
stud. Screwfix sell them and IIRC you can find them in sheds with
staircase parts and fittings.

Aren't they called dowel screws?
http://www.a2a4.co.uk/acatalog/DOWEL_SCREWS_A_2.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:

Aren't they called dowel screws?

Would seem so. That explains why I didn't get much from trying to search
Screwfix with "double ended screws".

Regards

Mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark A wrote:
Anyone know where you can get double ended fixings? I'm after ones that
have a wood screw at one end, and a bolt at the other. Not large,
something like a size eight with a 6mm bolt, or so.

Cheers

Regards

Mark

handrail bolts sound like the type of things you want.. B&Q do them,
also in the screwfix catalouge

steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark A wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:

Aren't they called dowel screws?

Would seem so. That explains why I didn't get much from trying to search
Screwfix with "double ended screws".

Usage varies no doubt, but in my book a 'dowel screw' is a double-ended
woodscrew. The item with a woodscrew at one end and a parallel thread
machine screw at the other is called a 'speaker screw' - presumably from
its original use for fixing loudspeaker drive units into wooden cabinets.

--
Andy