Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Built In Dishwasher handle has detached

Hi

Our Indesit 620 built in dishwasher's handle has been loose for ages.

It has finally come off today.

As the front of the dishwasher is joined to the door of the kitchen
unit, I will need to take the unit door off to screw the handle back
on, and then put the unit door back on the dishwasher.

Any idea how the front of the dishwasher is attached to the unit door?
Is it screwed on, or does it slide / clip on somehow?

Cheers,
Keith.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Keith" wrote in message
Hi

Our Indesit 620 built in dishwasher's handle has been loose for ages.

It has finally come off today.

As the front of the dishwasher is joined to the door of the kitchen
unit, I will need to take the unit door off to screw the handle back
on, and then put the unit door back on the dishwasher.

Any idea how the front of the dishwasher is attached to the unit door?
Is it screwed on, or does it slide / clip on somehow?

Cheers,
Keith.

If it is anything like my current Bosch - it just falls off every time the
bl**dy thing is opened as it is fixed with velcro.

If it is like my old Siemens - it will be held firmly by 2 clamps fixed near
the top of the door, these are adjusted / tightened by screws either side of
the appliance door near the top. The door may well sit in 2 keyhole slots at
the bottom with 2 brackets fixed to the decor door, once the top 2 are
loosened it should lift off.
Franko.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks Franko.

Turned out there were screws (4 small 4 larger) down each side.
Removed the bigger ones, and the decor door dropped off. Re-attached
the handle, and screwed the door back on - job done. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Keith.