Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Portable dishwasher to built-in

We have a built-in Kenmore dishwasher and a Kenmore portable
dishwasher. They are virtually the same, except the portable works and
the built-in doesn't.

I looked at the conversion kit needed, but I'm thinking about
cannibalizing the built-in for the parts. Any foreseeable problems?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"montana wildhack" wrote in message
We have a built-in Kenmore dishwasher and a Kenmore portable dishwasher.
They are virtually the same, except the portable works and the built-in
doesn't.

I looked at the conversion kit needed, but I'm thinking about
cannibalizing the built-in for the parts. Any foreseeable problems?

You should be able to do that as most of what you need is the different
drain hose and water feed hose. Used to be that the portable didn't have a
water shut off/on solenoid designed to be continually hooked up to water
pressure and the kit would include a stronger designed unit. If the kit you
looked at doesn't include a new solenoid shut off, then you should be able
to use the one on the present portable. You might want to hold on to the
hose setup from the portable because if you ever wanted to put it back as a
portable, they used to cost around $50.

Tom G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2008-08-30 20:40:37 -0400, "Tom G" said:

[...]

The only thing the kit has that isn't a hose is a shield that covers
where the wires connect. I'm guessing the built-in has this part, but I
haven't pulled it yet to see... but there's no solenoid in the kit.

And the kick plates, but I'm not as concerned about them.

We usually try to save stuff that has a high probability of either
being useful or expensive to replace. I thought the conversion kits
seemed expensive.

portable dishwasher shewoman Home Repair 4 March 14th 08 01:58 PM
portable dishwasher unknown 85clinto Home Repair 2 October 19th 06 03:18 AM
portable dishwasher [email protected] Home Repair 2 September 18th 06 02:21 AM
portable dishwasher werner Home Repair 2 September 10th 06 01:49 AM
Convert a built-in dishwasher to a portable? Fat Bastard Home Ownership 2 March 23rd 04 07:22 PM