Posted to alt.home.repair

Default portable dishwasher unknown

OK, I just bought a house with a portable dishwasher, and i have never used
one before. I figured out that it connects to the sink, but i can not get
the four white grips to hang on to the faucet. I saw other problems where
the person had this problem and had to go the store for a new spout. I
beleive the previous home owners were using the dishwasher just fine.
Somehow i just can not figure out how to get a good solid connection. Can
anybody help or has had this problem?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"85clinto" wrote in message
news:021a59b721363d387cc88d7fd69ffbf8@homerepairli ve.com...
OK, I just bought a house with a portable dishwasher, and i have never
used
one before. I figured out that it connects to the sink, but i can not get
the four white grips to hang on to the faucet. I saw other problems where
the person had this problem and had to go the store for a new spout. I
beleive the previous home owners were using the dishwasher just fine.
Somehow i just can not figure out how to get a good solid connection. Can
anybody help or has had this problem?

It's necessary to replace the usual aerator on the spout with an adapter for
portable dishwashers. They come in two sizes..one for Whirlpool type
machines and a slightly larger one for others. Is it possible that the
previous owner replaced the faucet just before you moved in and threw away
the adapter with the old faucet. They only cost a couple of bucks at the
hardware store. One other thought...if you have one of the faucets that
allow you to pull the whole faucet out to use as a rinse hose, it may be
possible that it won't take an adapter. Installed one of these for my
mother and then had to buy a small single temp faucet to install in the
fourth hole in the sink just for her dishwasher.

Tom G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

85clinto wrote:
OK, I just bought a house with a portable dishwasher, and i have never used
one before. I figured out that it connects to the sink, but i can not get
the four white grips to hang on to the faucet. I saw other problems where
the person had this problem and had to go the store for a new spout. I
beleive the previous home owners were using the dishwasher just fine.
Somehow i just can not figure out how to get a good solid connection. Can
anybody help or has had this problem?

i can't under stand the question. just tell your portable dish washer
to wash the dishes, then tell him to mow the lawn

(j/k, couldnt resist)

portable dishwasher [email protected] Home Repair 2 September 18th 06 02:21 AM
portable dishwasher werner Home Repair 2 September 10th 06 01:49 AM
Black Walnut Question tdstr Woodworking 19 April 12th 06 08:42 PM
Convert a built-in dishwasher to a portable? Fat Bastard Home Ownership 2 March 23rd 04 07:22 PM
Howto Extend a portable dishwasher water snap-lock water supply line Jim Helfer Home Repair 5 March 9th 04 03:10 AM