Stephen Gower

Default Bath screens

We're looking to put a 4-fold screen on the edge of our bath rather
than have a shower curtain. Screwfix do a white one for about £60;
B+Q do a range for under £80, but local Bathroom Showroom shops
seem to start selling them at £350. What's so good about the
expensive ones to justify that price?
--
Selah
Christian McArdle

B+Q do a range for under £80, but local Bathroom Showroom shops
seem to start selling them at £350. What's so good about the
expensive ones to justify that price?

Don't know, but I had the B&Q one in silver with clear glass and it was
excellent. It folded nicely away, unlike shower curtains which may as well
be coated in superglue.

Christian.

David W.E. Roberts

"Stephen Gower" wrote in message
We're looking to put a 4-fold screen on the edge of our bath rather
than have a shower curtain. Screwfix do a white one for about £60;
B+Q do a range for under £80, but local Bathroom Showroom shops
seem to start selling them at £350. What's so good about the
expensive ones to justify that price?
--
Selah

Be aware that, unlike in the pictures, if you position the shower head at
about 6 feet above the floor of the bath (so your average bloke can stand
under it without stooping) the shower head (and your head) is well above the
top of the screen.
Therefore water will splash over the top of the screen, causing comments
about udders on bulls etc.
Have a Homebase 4 fold shower screen sitting in the hall because I couldn't
find the receipt and return it.
[I have every single other bl**dy receipt I can think of, some only pence,
but....]
The shower curtain works a treat, but isn't nearly so pretty.

Hmph.

Dave R

Christian McArdle

Therefore water will splash over the top of the screen, causing comments
about udders on bulls etc.

I can't say I experienced this. I'm 6'2" and positioned the shower head
accordingly.

Christian.

Andrew

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message ...
Be aware that, unlike in the pictures, if you position the shower head at
about 6 feet above the floor of the bath (so your average bloke can stand
under it without stooping) the shower head (and your head) is well above the
top of the screen.
Therefore water will splash over the top of the screen, causing comments
about udders on bulls etc.

What a sweeping generalisation!

I'm 6ft, I don't stoop to stand under the shower and there is no such
problem. It depends on the height of the screen and the depth of the
bath.

The problem with shower screens is that they're not wide enough so
water splashes around them onto the floor. This wouldn't happen with a
curtain that was the full length of the bath. Now I'm generalising ;-)

Andrew

Tony

Stephen Gower wrote:
We're looking to put a 4-fold screen on the edge of our bath rather
than have a shower curtain. Screwfix do a white one for about £60;
B+Q do a range for under £80, but local Bathroom Showroom shops
seem to start selling them at £350. What's so good about the
expensive ones to justify that price?

I had a cheaper one in my last house... flimsy and just wouldn't give a
good seal against the wall. We've just put a Showerlux 4-fold screen in
our current bathrooms. It was a gob-smacking £350, but it is definitely
a quality bit of kit - well-made, good looking and does a good sealing
job. You pays your money...
tony

Matt Scantlebury

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message ...
Have a Homebase 4 fold shower screen sitting in the hall because I couldn't
find the receipt and return it.
[I have every single other bl**dy receipt I can think of, some only pence,
but....]

Hi Dave,

You shouldn't need the receipt to return it to B&Q. They should at
least offer you a credit note, which you can spend in store on
something you *do* want.

If they refuse, threaten them with Trading Standards.

Matt
Joseph Finlay

In message , Matt
Scantlebury writes
"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Have a Homebase 4 fold shower screen sitting in the hall because I couldn't
find the receipt and return it.
[I have every single other bl**dy receipt I can think of, some only pence,
but....]

Hi Dave,

You shouldn't need the receipt to return it to B&Q. They should at
least offer you a credit note, which you can spend in store on
something you *do* want.

If they refuse, threaten them with Trading Standards.

Matt

He'll have a hard job trying to persuade B&Q take back a Homebase shower
screen even with the receipt!

While it is in theory perfectly true that you do not need a receipt to
return an item, you do need a proof of purchase. If You refuse they'll
quote you trading standards!

--
Joe Finlay
Matt Scantlebury

Joseph Finlay wrote in message ...
In message , Matt
Scantlebury writes
"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Have a Homebase 4 fold shower screen sitting in the hall because I couldn't
find the receipt and return it.
[I have every single other bl**dy receipt I can think of, some only pence,
but....]

Hi Dave,

You shouldn't need the receipt to return it to B&Q. They should at
least offer you a credit note, which you can spend in store on
something you *do* want.

If they refuse, threaten them with Trading Standards.

Matt

He'll have a hard job trying to persuade B&Q take back a Homebase shower
screen even with the receipt!

DOH! Havin' a bad day!

While it is in theory perfectly true that you do not need a receipt to
return an item, you do need a proof of purchase. If You refuse they'll
quote you trading standards!

THEY wouldn't dare ask, would they? ;-p

Owain

"Joseph Finlay" wrote
| While it is in theory perfectly true that you do not need a receipt
| to return an item, you do need a proof of purchase. If You refuse
| they'll quote you trading standards!

If the item was bought with a credit card take along the credit card voucher
or even the credit card statement and say "I bought this on this date and
want a refund". If the shop refute that, the onus is on them to go through
their records and show what was actually bought in that credit card
transaction.

Owain

Rubber strip for front edge of bath David W.E. Roberts UK diy 9 October 14th 03 11:50 AM
Globe bath taps questions Steve UK diy 1 September 11th 03 11:46 PM
Plastic filler (grout) round bath? Alan Holmes UK diy 1 August 10th 03 02:10 PM
cast iron bath wanted jacob UK diy 2 August 8th 03 01:38 PM
'L' shaped bath anybody? BigWallop UK diy 6 July 27th 03 10:04 PM