Steve

Default Globe bath taps questions

Hi all

I have some of the above fitted to my bath and they are in need of
replacing.
I have have one of them off before and wished I had never touched it
as it had been bodged when installed.

My question is, how are they supposed to fit to the bath correctly?
Are they supposed to have a long bit of 3/4" threaded pipe that screws
fully into the tap, and this protrudes through the wall of the bath,
to which a pipe connector is fitted?

Do the taps need a good seal against the wall of the bath to be
watertight?
I had a hell of a job stopping leaks when I took my tap off, as there
was only a very short amount of thread on the inside of the bath which
to connect to.

Any ideas of manufacturers or suppliers of said globe taps?

Cheers

Steve
Neil Jones

On 10 Sep 2003 07:47:08 -0700, (Steve)
wrote:

Any ideas of manufacturers or suppliers of said globe taps?

Sottini does a tap called Globe, which you can see here
http://www.sottini.co.uk/products/mi...aps/index.html

If this is the one you can call them on 01482 449513 - it's the
upmarket brand of Ideal Standard I think.

HTH

Neil