Steve

Default Globe bath taps questions

Hi all

I have some of the above fitted to my bath and they are in need of
replacing.
I have have one of them off before and wished I had never touched it
as it had been bodged when installed.

My question is, how are they supposed to fit to the bath correctly?
Are they supposed to have a long bit of 3/4" threaded pipe that screws
fully into the tap, and this protrudes through the wall of the bath,
to which a pipe connector is fitted?

Do the taps need a good seal against the wall of the bath to be
watertight?
I had a hell of a job stopping leaks when I took my tap off, as there
was only a very short amount of thread on the inside of the bath which
to connect to.

Any ideas of manufacturers or suppliers of said globe taps?

Cheers

Steve