Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Piggin customers

Got a phone call Wednesday evening from an irate lady, heavy African accent,
quite difficult to understand.

She wanted to know when I was going to come back & finish putting up her
window blinds. It was 6 weeks ago, and I'd only put 2 screws in the
brackets, and I'd promised to come back & finish off.

Recognised the name (unusual), didn't recall the address or job, but then I
fit an awful lot of blinds. Not the sort of thing I do though, leaving
screws out. Starting to wonder if its age or the demon drink affecting my
memory.

Arranged to call on Friday to sort it out.

Door opened by small African woman. "Are you Grace?" I asked. "Yes, who
are you?" she replied.

I explained that she called me & berated me about not fitting her blinds
properly.

"Oh dear, it wasn't you" she admitted. Turned out she had called me &
someone else for a quote (which is why I recalled the name) and gone for the
other guy who was cheaper. She had then got mixed up.

I wouldn't mind so much, but when she apologised she said "Sorry, it wasn't
you, the other chap was much slimmer"!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Piggin Argos again! The Medway Handyman UK diy 39 March 9th 08 05:56 AM
OT Piggin Newsreaders The Medway Handyman UK diy 48 October 17th 07 12:25 AM
Piggin Service Valves The Medway Handyman UK diy 10 April 25th 07 08:47 PM
Piggin Wickes Doors david lang UK diy 26 December 11th 05 08:54 PM
Piggin Doors - an Idea! david lang UK diy 72 December 10th 05 02:03 PM