Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower enclosure and tray. Which one?

Hi All

We want to install a shower tray and enclosure in a corner of our bathroom.

Space available is 1000mm x 835mm

We were thinking of a 1000 x 800 offset. (Offset because it is getting
close to the loo.)

Any advice on makes, models or anything else? Prefer sliding door(s).
Want one that is well made but not in the executive class. Ie. Has easy
to operate smoothly running doors and will last a while.

This is enlargement of an existing shower. Existing shower plumbing is
OK. I will only have to move the waste.

TIA for any guidance.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Invisible Man wrote:

We want to install a shower tray and enclosure in a corner of our bathroom.
Space available is 1000mm x 835mm
We were thinking of a 1000 x 800 offset. (Offset because it is getting
close to the loo.)
Any advice on makes, models or anything else? Prefer sliding door(s).
Want one that is well made but not in the executive class. Ie. Has easy
to operate smoothly running doors and will last a while.

Sliding doors are rubbish IMO.
I'd get an unframed glass enclosure.
I fitted one of these last year:
http://www.bathroomevolution.co.uk/i...meless-Pentago
nal-shower-enclosure-+-free-tray--F-314_800.html

Cannot fault it, excellent in every way, and a bargain at the price.
I've also fitted a couple of the 'P' shaped ones, one bought off ebay
for £150 (new), another from B+Q at £600. They were essentially the
same, apart from the B+Q one had to be returned twice, as the delivery
people had smashed it both times.
The P shaped are alright, but nowhere near as good as the one linked
above, though in their favour, they are slightly bigger.
Alan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Mar, 19:58, Invisible Man wrote:
Hi All

We want to install a shower tray and enclosure in a corner of our bathroom.

Space available is 1000mm x 835mm

We were thinking of a 1000 x 800 offset. (Offset because it is getting
close to the loo.)

Any advice on makes, models or anything else? Prefer sliding door(s).
Want one that is well made but not in the executive class. Ie. Has easy
to operate smoothly running doors and will last a while.

This is enlargement of an existing shower. Existing shower plumbing is
OK. I will only have to move the waste.

TIA for any guidance.

I would suggest a "four upstand" tray so your tiles/wall liners and
door/panels sit inside the upstands and you avoid the perennial
problem of leakage between tray and walls etc if settlement or
movement causes deterioration of any seal material
Posted to uk.d-i-y

cynic wrote:
[...]

Thanks for this. There is not a good drop to the soil pipe a little way
away so a raise and a fastflow drain seem like a good idea.

retiling shower enclosure walter UK diy 6 August 30th 08 12:58 PM
Shower enclosure JimmyDahGeek@DON'T_SPAM_ME_gmail.com Home Repair 3 December 29th 06 12:25 AM
shower enclosure John G UK diy 0 February 22nd 06 12:23 PM
Shower enclosure Stinkoman UK diy 1 April 17th 05 04:35 PM