Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default Shower enclosure and tray. Which one?

cynic wrote:
On 21 Mar, 19:58, Invisible Man wrote:
Hi All

We want to install a shower tray and enclosure in a corner of our bathroom.

Space available is 1000mm x 835mm

We were thinking of a 1000 x 800 offset. (Offset because it is getting
close to the loo.)

Any advice on makes, models or anything else? Prefer sliding door(s).
Want one that is well made but not in the executive class. Ie. Has easy
to operate smoothly running doors and will last a while.

This is enlargement of an existing shower. Existing shower plumbing is
OK. I will only have to move the waste.

TIA for any guidance.

I would suggest a "four upstand" tray so your tiles/wall liners and
door/panels sit inside the upstands and you avoid the perennial
problem of leakage between tray and walls etc if settlement or
movement causes deterioration of any seal material

Thanks for this. There is not a good drop to the soil pipe a little way
away so a raise and a fastflow drain seem like a good idea.