Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall hung cupboard adjusters

Hello,
I need to replace the adjusters on the back of some wall hung cupboards
and shelves (actually Tapley units). The adjusters are a two part item
on the bottom edge of the shelf/cupboard. The outer part has about a 3/8
inch diameter shallow thread to go into the chipboard/mdf etc edge and
the inner part threads into this with a large(ish) 3/4 inch diameter
flat plat that pushes against the wall to move the whole lower edge of
the shelf to achieve accurate front to back horizontal adjustment of the
whole unit.

Any suggestions please as to where I can obtain such?

Regards, Colin
--
Colin Brook - Winchester (UK)

Fax:+44(0)8701641293 Mobile:07976258703
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Colin Brook wrote:
Hello,
I need to replace the adjusters on the back of some wall hung cupboards
and shelves (actually Tapley units). The adjusters are a two part item
on the bottom edge of the shelf/cupboard. The outer part has about a 3/8
inch diameter shallow thread to go into the chipboard/mdf etc edge and
the inner part threads into this with a large(ish) 3/4 inch diameter
flat plat that pushes against the wall to move the whole lower edge of
the shelf to achieve accurate front to back horizontal adjustment of the
whole unit.

Any suggestions please as to where I can obtain such?

Regards, Colin

Sorry - don't really follow your description - a photo would have
helped. Maybe something like this would help?

http://www.isaaclord.co.uk/productDetail.aspx?product=464&subCat=000

If so, a) make sure you get the wall plates if required; b) you need a
right and a left; c)

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin Brook wrote:

I need to replace the adjusters on the back of some wall hung cupboards
and shelves (actually Tapley units). The adjusters are a two part item
on the bottom edge of the shelf/cupboard. The outer part has about a 3/8
inch diameter shallow thread to go into the chipboard/mdf etc edge and
the inner part threads into this with a large(ish) 3/4 inch diameter
flat plat that pushes against the wall to move the whole lower edge of
the shelf to achieve accurate front to back horizontal adjustment of the
whole unit.

Any suggestions please as to where I can obtain such?

Which part has broken? The threaded part that goes into the wood could
be replaced with a nutsert for wood (http://www.nutserts.co.uk/) The
bolt part that holds the bottom of the cabinet away from the wall is a
plastic-headed screw. If you can't get, say, a suitable nylon screw,
would a suitable alternative be a steel one with a plastic screw-cap
glued on? It's not readily visible.

The only time I've had to replace a Tapley fitting (hinges), they were
provided at no charge by Beaver & Tapley. Pehaps contacting them
directly will gain access to their spares department? Their contact
details are available via Google, assuming they're still trading...

--
John W
To mail me replace the obvious with co.uk twice
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message on Fri, 13 Mar 2009, Rod
wrote
Colin Brook wrote:
Hello,
I need to replace the adjusters on the back of some wall hung
cupboards and shelves (actually Tapley units).

Sorry - don't really follow your description - a photo would have
helped. Maybe something like this would help?

Sorry Rod, I realised it wasn't easy to follow but the nutserts
(http://www.nutserts.co.uk/) that John has identified is what I'm
looking for. Thanks for help.

Colin
--
Colin Brook - Winchester (UK)

Fax:+44(0)8701641293 Mobile:07976258703
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message on Sat, 14 Mar
2009, John Weston wrote
Any suggestions please as to where I can obtain such?

Which part has broken? The threaded part that goes into the wood could
be replaced with a nutsert for wood (http://www.nutserts.co.uk/) The
bolt part that holds the bottom of the cabinet away from the wall is a
plastic-headed screw. If you can't get, say, a suitable nylon screw,
would a suitable alternative be a steel one with a plastic screw-cap
glued on? It's not readily visible.

The only time I've had to replace a Tapley fitting (hinges), they were
provided at no charge by Beaver & Tapley. Pehaps contacting them
directly will gain access to their spares department? Their contact
details are available via Google, assuming they're still trading...

Thanks for that - the nutserts will provide what I want I think. I'll
try Tapley but these days they don't seem very responsive.

Thanks again, Colin