Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Insulated garage!!!

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

chudford writes:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

I want to see a picture of that!

--
Jón Fairbairn
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html (updated 2009-01-31)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:05:17 +0000, Jon Fairbairn wrote:

chudford writes:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

I want to see a picture of that!

The ones that did my house filled the electricity cupboard - 'tis the only
single brick section, as it's built into the cavity. Fortunately it was a
blown fibre and not a foam!

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jon Fairbairn wrote:
chudford writes:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

I want to see a picture of that!

I have this mental picture of the family car embedded in a large block
of foam ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember chudford
saying something like:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

Utterly amazing, some people. Just when you thought there was nothing
new in the world, the stupid prove you wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Jon Fairbairn
writes
chudford writes:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

I want to see a picture of that!

Not quite like this, but close!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2OBWE0uYM
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 02:45:17 -0800 (PST), chudford
wrote:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

We want photos too!

They should see if they can sell their "eco insualtion nightmare"
sotry to the sun. get some cash for it
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 23, 12:09*pm, John Rumm wrote:
Jon Fairbairn wrote:
chudford writes:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. *It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

I want to see a picture of that!

I have this mental picture of the family car embedded in a large block
of foam ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk* * * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

Fortunately it was the glass fibre stuff.

Sorry I don't have any photos.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

chudford wrote:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

Was the car in or out at the time? g
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 23, 3:25*pm, "Roger Mills" wrote:

chudford *wrote:
One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. *It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

Was the car in or out at the time? g
--
Cheers,
Roger
______
PLEASE REPLY TO NEWSGROUP!

Yep the car got covered too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 Feb, 13:27, mogga wrote:

They should see if they can sell their "eco insualtion nightmare"
sotry to the sun. get some cash for it

Sun probably pays better, but isn't that more of a Daily Wail story?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:03:23 -0800 (PST), Andy Dingley
wrote:

On 23 Feb, 13:27, mogga wrote:

They should see if they can sell their "eco insualtion nightmare"
sotry to the sun. get some cash for it

Sun probably pays better, but isn't that more of a Daily Wail story?

Not unless there's an immigrant or a pricess locked in the garage as a
result of the insulation...
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

chudford wrote:
One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

It takes about an hour to completely remove insulation from a garage, and
about three times that to remove it from a kitchen.
I know this from experience.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008