DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Insulated garage!!! (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/271856-insulated-garage.html)

chudford February 23rd 09 10:45 AM

Insulated garage!!!

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

Jon Fairbairn February 23rd 09 11:05 AM

Insulated garage!!!

chudford writes:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

I want to see a picture of that!

--
Jón Fairbairn
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html (updated 2009-01-31)

Steve Walker February 23rd 09 11:37 AM

Insulated garage!!!

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:05:17 +0000, Jon Fairbairn wrote:

chudford writes:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

I want to see a picture of that!

The ones that did my house filled the electricity cupboard - 'tis the only
single brick section, as it's built into the cavity. Fortunately it was a
blown fibre and not a foam!

SteveW

John Rumm February 23rd 09 12:09 PM

Insulated garage!!!

Jon Fairbairn wrote:
chudford writes:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

I want to see a picture of that!

I have this mental picture of the family car embedded in a large block
of foam ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Grimly Curmudgeon February 23rd 09 12:31 PM

Insulated garage!!!

drugs began to take hold. I remember chudford
saying something like:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

Utterly amazing, some people. Just when you thought there was nothing
new in the world, the stupid prove you wrong.

Peter Twydell February 23rd 09 01:19 PM

Insulated garage!!!

In message , Jon Fairbairn
writes
chudford writes:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

I want to see a picture of that!

Not quite like this, but close!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2OBWE0uYM
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

mogga February 23rd 09 01:27 PM

Insulated garage!!!

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 02:45:17 -0800 (PST), chudford
wrote:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

We want photos too!

They should see if they can sell their "eco insualtion nightmare"
sotry to the sun. get some cash for it :)
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

chudford February 23rd 09 01:52 PM

Insulated garage!!!

On Feb 23, 12:09*pm, John Rumm wrote:
Jon Fairbairn wrote:
chudford writes:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. *It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

I want to see a picture of that!

I have this mental picture of the family car embedded in a large block
of foam ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk* * * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

Fortunately it was the glass fibre stuff.

Sorry I don't have any photos.

Roger Mills February 23rd 09 03:25 PM

Insulated garage!!!

chudford wrote:

One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

Was the car in or out at the time? g
--
Cheers,
Roger

chudford February 23rd 09 03:47 PM

Insulated garage!!!

On Feb 23, 3:25*pm, "Roger Mills" wrote:

chudford *wrote:
One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. *It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

Was the car in or out at the time? g
--
Cheers,
Roger
______
PLEASE REPLY TO NEWSGROUP!

Yep the car got covered too.

Andy Dingley February 23rd 09 04:03 PM

Insulated garage!!!

On 23 Feb, 13:27, mogga wrote:

They should see if they can sell their "eco insualtion nightmare"
sotry to the sun. get some cash for it :)

Sun probably pays better, but isn't that more of a Daily Wail story?

mogga February 24th 09 08:22 AM

Insulated garage!!!

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:03:23 -0800 (PST), Andy Dingley
wrote:

On 23 Feb, 13:27, mogga wrote:

They should see if they can sell their "eco insualtion nightmare"
sotry to the sun. get some cash for it :)

Sun probably pays better, but isn't that more of a Daily Wail story?

Not unless there's an immigrant or a pricess locked in the garage as a
result of the insulation...

Phil L February 24th 09 03:34 PM

Insulated garage!!!

chudford wrote:
One of my neighbours has just had their house cavity wall insulated.

The numpties who did it drilled into the single brick garage wall and
guess what:-

Pumped the insulation into the garage, lots of it. It will take them
ages to remove the stuff!!!

It takes about an hour to completely remove insulation from a garage, and
about three times that to remove it from a kitchen.
I know this from experience.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008