Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Suggestions on heater for detached well insulated garage.

I have a 2-1/2 car garage I would like to heat.

I garage already has a NG line and a chimney.

Any suggestions on brand and type of heater?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I have a 2-1/2 car garage I would like to heat.

I garage already has a NG line and a chimney.

Any suggestions on brand and type of heater?

Modine Hot Dawg or other Modine product would do nicely.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
spewed forth:
I have a 2-1/2 car garage I would like to heat.

I garage already has a NG line and a chimney.

Any suggestions on brand and type of heater?

You don't say what part of the country you live in, but I've been using an
old Dearborn heater in my shop for years and would highly recommend them.
The newer ones even have a thermostat on them
http://www.dearbornheater.com/
the one pictured is similiar to the one I have. There is no need to vent
them and they'll keep it toasty.
they are very efficient and the unit never gets hot. Hell, I've got
magazines and a fax machine sitting on top of mine

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 2, 10:33*pm, "ChairMan" wrote:
,
spewed forth:

I have a 2-1/2 car garage I would like to heat.

I garage already has a NG line and a chimney.

Any suggestions on brand and type of heater?

You don't say what part of the country you live in, but I've been using an
old Dearborn heater in my shop for years and would highly recommend them.
The newer ones even have a thermostat on themhttp://www.dearbornheater.com/
the one pictured is similiar to the one I have. There is no need to vent
them and they'll keep it toasty.
they are very efficient and the unit never gets hot. Hell, I've got
magazines and a fax machine sitting on top of mine

That is radiant heat, I am not sure if I want that or not.
Since the garage door will open and close and certain points of the day
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
theedudenator spewed forth:
[...]

"Units produce both radiant and convection heat to warm the farthest corners
of a drafty room without over heating near the unit. Easy to install and
provide built-in safety features for your confidence as well as comfort."
I have to open my door occasionally and it doesn't take too long to warm it
back up.
Do you not have a side door to use? If you can find a used one , they
usually go for about $100-150 bucks.
The only other suggestion I can give you is to find an old vertical house
heater, put it on a stand and have a plenumsp made for the top with a
couple 8"-12" elbows run off it

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Dec 3, 2:15*am, "ChairMan" wrote:
,
[...]

How you gonna drive a car out a side door?

Sounds like he needs kerosene powered bullet heater.
http://performancetoolcenter.com/r40t.html

To hell with the NG.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Dec 2, 9:30*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

Modine Hot Dawg or other Modine product would do nicely.

Second the motion. Third winter now on our unit in 26' x 26', 9'
ceiling shop/garage. Flawless performance.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Ron spewed forth:
[...]

Again, the OP doesn't say where he is or why he wants to heat his garage.
I assumed he wanted to work in the garage not to keep his cars warm.
I have side door to my garage that I enter through, but don't try to drive
the cars through.
And a bullet kerosene stink like hell and give me a headache. YMMV