Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Interior Door Supplier - Recommendations?

Hi,

I'm replacing all of the interior doors in our house and am looking
for any recommendations / experiences when it comes to picking a
manufacturer or supplier. I'm looking for 4 panel oak (wooden veneer
on a core is fine) - something "unfinished" so I can stain/varnish as
required.

I was initially advised (by a shop) to go for the JBKind "Derwent"
range of doors (and they do indeed seem to have a good set of sizes
whcih is good in my wonky and randomly sized door frames - I think we
may have to cut into the core on some of the stiles though - hmmm...

I've since had the Howden's range of 4 panel oak doors recommended.

Any thoughts or experiences on these suppliers would be much
appreciated,

Thanks,

Jon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Hi,

I'm replacing all of the interior doors in our house and am looking
for any recommendations / experiences when it comes to picking a
manufacturer or supplier. I'm looking for 4 panel oak (wooden veneer
on a core is fine) - something "unfinished" so I can stain/varnish as
required.

I was initially advised (by a shop) to go for the JBKind "Derwent"
range of doors (and they do indeed seem to have a good set of sizes
whcih is good in my wonky and randomly sized door frames - I think we
may have to cut into the core on some of the stiles though - hmmm...

I've since had the Howden's range of 4 panel oak doors recommended.

Any thoughts or experiences on these suppliers would be much
appreciated,

Thanks,

I use www.directdoors.com and have no reason not to again. There are several
with similar names though - use this link to get to the one I know!

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

On 4 Feb, 15:48, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
wrote:
Hi,

I'm replacing all of the interior doors in our house and am looking
for any recommendations / experiences when it comes to picking a
manufacturer or supplier. I'm looking for 4 panel oak (wooden veneer
on a core is fine) - something "unfinished" so I can stain/varnish as
required.

I was initially advised (by a shop) to go for the JBKind "Derwent"
range of doors (and they do indeed seem to have a good set of sizes
whcih is good in my wonky and randomly sized door frames - I think we
may have to cut into the core on some of the stiles though - hmmm...

I've since had the Howden's range of 4 panel oak doors recommended.

Any thoughts or experiences on these suppliers would be much
appreciated,

Thanks,

Jon

Why not pay a little extra go direct to a joiners and buy real solid oak?

I got mine from Acorn doors.

Have look here

http://www.acorndoors.co.uk/pages/doors-7.htm

You might be surprised at how little real quality doors cost.

When there isn't a marketing/distrubtion chain between you and the
manufacturer.

go on surprise me ......
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 4 Feb, 15:55, "Bob Mannix" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not- Hide quoted text -

Hi,

Thanks for the pointer. Interestingly, they seem to supply JB Kind
(amongst others) and much cheaper than the supplier I went to
originally.

Jon

Conduit recommendations exterior to interior Richard UK diy 7 January 5th 08 08:37 AM
Door Interior amit raoot Home Repair 0 March 18th 07 08:27 PM
Door Interior amit raoot Home Repair 0 March 18th 07 08:25 PM
Shed Supplier Recommendations [email protected] UK diy 4 July 26th 06 10:19 AM
Festool Circular Saw TS55 / AT65 /AP55 AP65 / AP85 - recommendations & cheapest UK supplier Ade Woodworking 3 March 21st 05 09:24 AM