Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Renovating a kitchen

We are about to start work on renovating our kitchen. I have mapped out
the following steps but would be grateful for your thoughts as to where
a) and b) should fit in and whether I have missed anything important .

1. Plan layout (use Ikea online 2D/3D planner) including new and
relocated services
2. Remove plaster/block internal wall to create more space
3. Remove existing appliances
4. Remove existing fitted units and wall tiles
5. Chase walls for new and relocated wiring and boxes
6. Run new wiring to boxes (electrician)
7. Relocate h&c 15mm supplies to sink unit and cold only to washing
machine and dishwasher
8. Relocate drain pipework to sink unit, washing machine and dishwasher
9. Make good walls and ceiling (plasterer if necessary)
10. Fit new wall units
11. Fit new base units (start in corner)
12. Fit new worktops (kitchen fitter/joiner?)
13. Fit sink unit/tap and plumb in
14. Fit washing machine and dishwasher and plumb in
15. Fit hob and oven and connect
16. Fit plinths and plinth heater

a) Fix and grout wall tiles - bottom edge of tiles to sit behind or on
top of worktops?
b) Fix and grout floor tiles - whole floor or to just under plinths?

--
Robert

When renovating.. be careful Robatoy[_2_] Woodworking 25 November 9th 08 10:22 PM
Renovating old house stasya Home Ownership 16 June 14th 06 04:36 PM
Renovating old house stasya Home Repair 1 May 16th 06 03:42 AM
Renovating a flat Epetruk UK diy 11 May 10th 06 09:49 PM
Renovating intarsia Bjarte Runderheim Woodworking 3 June 20th 05 07:44 PM