Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Driving mirror question

The rear-view mirror on my wife's car has just fallen off. Is this a simple
d-i-y job? What adhesive do you use?

Regards and thanks in advance

Pat Macguire

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Syke wrote:
The rear-view mirror on my wife's car has just fallen off. Is this a simple
d-i-y job? What adhesive do you use?

Regards and thanks in advance

Pat Macguire

Get down to halfrauds and get a repair kit - usually a piece of gauze
with some adhesive, and a glass cleaning wipe. Follow instructions on
the back, not a problem.

I would, however, in this weather, warm the windscreen up a bit (not
hot, but get it a bit over the outside air temp at the moment).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yup - get a repair kit - hard to get a good enough bond otherwise.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
al al is offline

"http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_catalogId_1..."
--
all thumbs

Hi
I tried sticking mine back -never really worked, took it to Autoglass
and they sorted it properly, charge was a couple of quid in the coffee
fund.

Al
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Syke wrote:
The rear-view mirror on my wife's car has just fallen off. Is this
a simple d-i-y job? What adhesive do you use?

Regards and thanks in advance

Pat Macguire

Thanks for taking the time everybody. Will do.

Regards

Pat Macguire

Mirror question Guess who Woodworking 3 November 29th 05 04:09 AM
Bathroom Mirror Question Dorot29701 Home Repair 5 January 11th 05 11:14 PM
Question about driving a shallow well to about 60 feet Home Repair 4 September 30th 04 04:38 PM
OT GMC truck mirror question Craig Suslosky Metalworking 3 March 6th 04 03:52 PM