DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Driving mirror question (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/268904-driving-mirror-question.html)

Syke[_2_] January 14th 09 06:41 PM

Driving mirror question

The rear-view mirror on my wife's car has just fallen off. Is this a simple
d-i-y job? What adhesive do you use?

Regards and thanks in advance

Pat Macguire

Mike Dodd[_3_] January 14th 09 06:47 PM

Driving mirror question

Syke wrote:
The rear-view mirror on my wife's car has just fallen off. Is this a simple
d-i-y job? What adhesive do you use?

Regards and thanks in advance

Pat Macguire

Get down to halfrauds and get a repair kit - usually a piece of gauze
with some adhesive, and a glass cleaning wipe. Follow instructions on
the back, not a problem.

I would, however, in this weather, warm the windscreen up a bit (not
hot, but get it a bit over the outside air temp at the moment).

[email protected] January 14th 09 07:26 PM

Driving mirror question

Yup - get a repair kit - hard to get a good enough bond otherwise.

al January 14th 09 07:32 PM

Driving mirror question

"http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_catalogId_1..."
--
all thumbs

Hi
I tried sticking mine back -never really worked, took it to Autoglass
and they sorted it properly, charge was a couple of quid in the coffee
fund.

Al

Syke[_2_] January 14th 09 10:31 PM

Driving mirror question

Syke wrote:
The rear-view mirror on my wife's car has just fallen off. Is this
a simple d-i-y job? What adhesive do you use?

Regards and thanks in advance

Pat Macguire

Thanks for taking the time everybody. Will do.

Regards

Pat Macguire