Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric Economy 7 time (new electronic meter)

I've just had a new Elect Meter that has replaced the old meter and
time clock. (I didn't ask for it they just did it whilst fitting an
isolator that I had requested)

My old set-up did not account for GMT/BST and hence in the winter the
economy 7 period was 00:30 to 07:30 and in the summer it was 01:30 to
08:30.
I believe that the new meter/time clock adjust automatically for GMT/
BST but I have no idea what the economy 7 period is set for !!

Anyone know how I can check this ?
The Meter is a Landis Gyr model with a single digital display and a
button on the left side which togles the display but non of the
readings appear to make sense...

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ac1951" wrote in message
I've just had a new Elect Meter that has replaced the old meter and
time clock. (I didn't ask for it they just did it whilst fitting an
isolator that I had requested)

My old set-up did not account for GMT/BST and hence in the winter the
economy 7 period was 00:30 to 07:30 and in the summer it was 01:30 to
08:30.
I believe that the new meter/time clock adjust automatically for GMT/
BST but I have no idea what the economy 7 period is set for !!

Anyone know how I can check this ?
The Meter is a Landis Gyr model with a single digital display and a
button on the left side which togles the display but non of the
readings appear to make sense...

Andy

I hve recently had a 3-phase economy 10 meter fitted.
It is marked as AMPY model 5192J, but the underlying meter is landis and
gyr.
The button cycles through the displays
R1 = rate 1 usage
R2 = rate 2 usage
Tot = total
for me rate 1 is the cheap rate and rate 2 the normal rate.
The time and time periods are programmed into mine and cannot be changed
without reprogramming.
The clock is 5 minutes out and forever will be!
You can hear a relay or contactor click when it changes periods (It allows
for a switched supply although I do not use it that way)

Have you got a model number for yours? We might be able to look it up.

Your electricty supplier will tell you what the economy 7 periods are meant
to be and they are certainly on some of the websites.

Regards
BruceB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
et...
ac1951 wrote:
I've just had a new Elect Meter that has replaced the old meter and
time clock. (I didn't ask for it they just did it whilst fitting an
isolator that I had requested)
My old set-up did not account for GMT/BST and hence in the winter the
economy 7 period was 00:30 to 07:30 and in the summer it was 01:30 to
08:30.
I believe that the new meter/time clock adjust automatically for GMT/
BST but I have no idea what the economy 7 period is set for !!
Anyone know how I can check this ?

It's quite likely to be a teleswitch which is radio-controlled. There
should be either a second off-peak-only output, or a low current terminal
to control a contactor (relay) for your storage heaters.

Owain

Is it one of these:
http://www.ampymetering.co.uk/en/pub...y_products.htm

I believe meters need to be replaced every 20 years.

On mine the button selects through : Time, Date, Day Units, Night Units,
Total.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 12, 11:23*pm, "John" wrote:
"Owain" wrote in message

et...

Is it one of these:http://www.ampymetering.co.uk/en/pub...s/uk_market/el...

I believe meters need to be replaced every 20 years.

On mine the button selects through : Time, Date, Day Units, Night Units,
Total.- Hide quoted text -

John,
Yes it's the 5254E - x
I checked the technical data sheet at the link you posted but it
doesn't explain the various display options.
I also notice that yours doesn't give you any indication of the
economy7 start and stop time. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to
change it I just want to know what it is !!

thanks
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ac1951 wrote:
On Jan 12, 11:23�pm, "John" wrote:
"Owain" wrote in message

et...
ac1951 wrote:

[...]

why dont you ask them?

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 16, 12:41*pm, wrote:
ac1951 wrote:
On Jan 12, 11:23 pm, "John" wrote:
"Owain" wrote in message

net...
ac1951 wrote:
[...]

Gosh !! why didn't I think of that .............
You clearly have never tried to get an answer to this type of question
from the supplier.
Their answer :-
Supplier - well it switches over in the night so any elect you use is
charged at a lower rate.
Me - yes I understand that, but could you tell at what time it
changes.
Supplier - for 7 hours during the night.
Me - ok, but at what time does the 7 hour period start
Supplier - That's ok but you don't need to worry about it, it happens
automatically ...

need I go on ....................

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ac1951 wrote:
On Jan 16, 12:41 pm, wrote:
ac1951 wrote:
On Jan 12, 11:23 pm, "John" wrote:
"Owain" wrote in message
et...
ac1951 wrote:
[...]

I went through a similar requirement with EDF. Somewhere on their
website they reserved the right to adjust the time at which the 7 hour
period started/stopped.
So perhaps in some un-helpful way the supplier was correct in their
answers to you.
Normally the meter provides a switchover signal for the loads you only
want to use E7 power. I assume that this is still the case for
teleswitched meters. Mine is controlled by an external clock and so
remains constant with respect to GMT all year round.

Bob