Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sony Clock-radio ICF-C273L - how open?

How do I open this radio up please, so that I can fit the earphone
socket that Sony fits as standard on all units except those sold in the
UK?

I've taken the 5 screws out, and it opens 20mm at the back, but really
does not want to separate at the front.....
--
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 23:09:19 +0000, Roger
wrote:

How do I open this radio up please, so that I can fit the earphone
socket that Sony fits as standard on all units except those sold in the
UK?

I've taken the 5 screws out, and it opens 20mm at the back, but really
does not want to separate at the front.....

Anyhting under the batteries ...presuming there are batt's
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger wrote:
How do I open this radio up please, so that I can fit the earphone
socket that Sony fits as standard on all units except those sold in the UK?

I've taken the 5 screws out, and it opens 20mm at the back, but really
does not want to separate at the front.....

Look for other screws hidden under sticky labels, and also plastic
latching clips between materials. Sometimes you may have to accept
colateral damage in performing the operation. A little heat from a
hairdryer may help soften the plastic a bit. Just go slow!

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger" wrote in message
How do I open this radio up please, so that I can fit the earphone socket
that Sony fits as standard on all units except those sold in the UK?

I've taken the 5 screws out, and it opens 20mm at the back, but really
does not want to separate at the front.....

Here is a picture, it might help someone to suggest something.

http://pan3.fotovista.com/dev/3/0/14...l_14500003.jpg

I would think there are 3 or 4 plastic lugs in the top moulding
that engage in the front panel.
20mm should be wide enough to shine a torch in there and see
where they are.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

20mm should be wide enough to shine a torch in there and see
where they are.

Take it to ye friendly local dentist ...

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Graham.
writes

"Roger" wrote in message
How do I open this radio up please, so that I can fit the earphone socket
that Sony fits as standard on all units except those sold in the UK?

I've taken the 5 screws out, and it opens 20mm at the back, but really
does not want to separate at the front.....

Here is a picture, it might help someone to suggest something.

http://pan3.fotovista.com/dev/3/0/14...l_14500003.jpg

I would think there are 3 or 4 plastic lugs in the top moulding
that engage in the front panel.
20mm should be wide enough to shine a torch in there and see
where they are.

3 lugs in fact, 2 out of sight. Managed to pop them without damage
one after the other going very carefully.
Thanks everyone!

--
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Roger
writes
In message , Graham.
writes

"Roger" wrote in message
How do I open this radio up please, so that I can fit the earphone socket
that Sony fits as standard on all units except those sold in the UK?

I've taken the 5 screws out, and it opens 20mm at the back, but really
does not want to separate at the front.....

Here is a picture, it might help someone to suggest something.

http://pan3.fotovista.com/dev/3/0/14...l_14500003.jpg

I would think there are 3 or 4 plastic lugs in the top moulding
that engage in the front panel.
20mm should be wide enough to shine a torch in there and see
where they are.

3 lugs in fact, 2 out of sight. Managed to pop them without damage
one after the other going very carefully.
Thanks everyone!

Right all done - now has headphone socket, is reassembled, and - wait
for it - still works!
--
Roger