Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger[_8_] Roger[_8_] is offline

Default Sony Clock-radio ICF-C273L - how open?

In message , Roger
writes
In message , Graham.
writes

"Roger" wrote in message
How do I open this radio up please, so that I can fit the earphone socket
that Sony fits as standard on all units except those sold in the UK?

I've taken the 5 screws out, and it opens 20mm at the back, but really
does not want to separate at the front.....

Here is a picture, it might help someone to suggest something.

http://pan3.fotovista.com/dev/3/0/14...l_14500003.jpg

I would think there are 3 or 4 plastic lugs in the top moulding
that engage in the front panel.
20mm should be wide enough to shine a torch in there and see
where they are.

3 lugs in fact, 2 out of sight. Managed to pop them without damage
one after the other going very carefully.
Thanks everyone!

Right all done - now has headphone socket, is reassembled, and - wait
for it - still works!
--
Roger