Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pliers without teeth

I do a bit of fly tying and one thing I sometimes do is squeeze a
preformed piece of lead on to a hook but using the normal pliers
messes the lead because of the teeth in the jaws of the pliers .Unless
someone knows otherwise I'm guessing you can't get pliers with smooth
jaws .It would be possible to file or grind down the jaws but I also
thought of glueing small pieces of metal or wood in to the jaws to
make them smooth .
Anyone any idea/suggestions?

vde screwdrivers, pliers, etc. Stephen[_6_] UK diy 4 January 4th 09 08:43 PM
What are these pliers designed for? Henry Kolesnik Metalworking 13 November 12th 08 05:56 PM
Pliers in Texas javawizard Home Repair 5 March 6th 07 03:59 PM
Mystery Pliers The Medway Handyman UK diy 4 February 3rd 07 10:31 AM
Fencing pliers - use of ? Colin Wilson UK diy 12 March 16th 05 06:15 PM