Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap waterproof box

After much googling I've still not found what I'm looking for, so
wonder if anyone here knows of any possible sources please? I want a
cheap weatherproof box to contain a low voltage transformer, mains
socket, timer, etc, for my pond light and pump setup. About 12" x 10"
x 8" should be adequate, but bigger is no problem as I can hide it
behind some plants. I'll drill holes for getting the various cables in
(and maybe use cable glands to keep these waterproof, if I can't
improvise something myself).

If it comes to it, I suppose I could make one myself, although I'm not
confident of sealing the lid completely.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
news
After much googling I've still not found what I'm looking for, so
wonder if anyone here knows of any possible sources please? I want a
cheap weatherproof box to contain a low voltage transformer, mains
socket, timer, etc, for my pond light and pump setup. About 12" x 10"
x 8" should be adequate, but bigger is no problem as I can hide it
behind some plants. I'll drill holes for getting the various cables in
(and maybe use cable glands to keep these waterproof, if I can't
improvise something myself).

If it comes to it, I suppose I could make one myself, although I'm not
confident of sealing the lid completely.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

CPC Farnell have one in their festive lights section of a special offers
mag.

EN8229302 £ 8.95 IP55 Weatherproof box 150H x 380W x 320D mm
It has a rubber seal around the lid, meant for xmas light txfrs etc

But, I can't find it on their website.....
Perhaps you could ring 'em 08701 20 25 30

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Pete Cross writes

[...]

That's 01772 654455

btw

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Terry Pinnell wrote:
After much googling I've still not found what I'm looking for, so
wonder if anyone here knows of any possible sources please? I want a
cheap weatherproof box to contain a low voltage transformer, mains
socket, timer, etc, for my pond light and pump setup. About 12" x 10"
x 8" should be adequate, but bigger is no problem as I can hide it
behind some plants. I'll drill holes for getting the various cables in
(and maybe use cable glands to keep these waterproof, if I can't
improvise something myself).

Try:

http://emarketing.premierfarnell.com...14342/f/424474

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
news
After much googling I've still not found what I'm looking for, so
wonder if anyone here knows of any possible sources please? I want a
cheap weatherproof box to contain a low voltage transformer, mains
socket, timer, etc, for my pond light and pump setup. About 12" x 10"
x 8" should be adequate, but bigger is no problem as I can hide it
behind some plants. I'll drill holes for getting the various cables in
(and maybe use cable glands to keep these waterproof, if I can't
improvise something myself).

If it comes to it, I suppose I could make one myself, although I'm not
confident of sealing the lid completely.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

TLC do a range of waterproof boxes to IP55

such as:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/GWBX15127.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1 Dec, 16:52, "Rick Hughes" wrote:
"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message

news
After much googling I've still not found what I'm looking for, so
wonder if anyone here knows of any possible sources please? I want a
cheap weatherproof box to contain a low voltage transformer, mains
socket, timer, etc, for my pond light and pump setup. About 12" x 10"
x 8" should be adequate, but bigger is no problem as I can hide it
behind some plants. I'll drill holes for getting the various cables in
(and maybe use cable glands to keep these waterproof, if I can't
improvise something myself).

If it comes to it, I suppose I could make one myself, although I'm not
confident of sealing the lid completely.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

TLC do a range of waterproof boxes to IP55

such as:http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/GWBX15127.html

I'm not saying I'm tight but ...

If you're going to buy this sort of thing and want to save a few bob
it might be worth waiting until the new year when people have stopped
using them to help festoon their houses with flashing reindeer and
animated santa clauses (bah humbug). Lower demand, lower prices.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
news
After much googling I've still not found what I'm looking for, so
wonder if anyone here knows of any possible sources please? I want a
cheap weatherproof box to contain a low voltage transformer, mains
socket, timer, etc, for my pond light and pump setup. About 12" x 10"
x 8" should be adequate, but bigger is no problem as I can hide it
behind some plants. I'll drill holes for getting the various cables in
(and maybe use cable glands to keep these waterproof, if I can't
improvise something myself).

If it comes to it, I suppose I could make one myself, although I'm not
confident of sealing the lid completely.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

One of the larger food-saver type plastic boxes?

Maybe with duct tape around the lid for added waterproofing if necessary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Terry Pinnell wrote:
After much googling I've still not found what I'm looking for, so
wonder if anyone here knows of any possible sources please? I want a
cheap weatherproof box to contain a low voltage transformer, mains
socket, timer, etc, for my pond light and pump setup. About 12" x 10"
x 8" should be adequate, but bigger is no problem as I can hide it
behind some plants. I'll drill holes for getting the various cables in
(and maybe use cable glands to keep these waterproof, if I can't
improvise something myself).

If it comes to it, I suppose I could make one myself, although I'm not
confident of sealing the lid completely.

Somthing like this do?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SMWP401.html

Toby...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Toby wrote:
Terry Pinnell wrote:
After much googling I've still not found what I'm looking for, so
wonder if anyone here knows of any possible sources please? I want a
cheap weatherproof box to contain a low voltage transformer, mains
socket, timer, etc, for my pond light and pump setup. About 12" x 10"
x 8" should be adequate, but bigger is no problem as I can hide it
behind some plants. I'll drill holes for getting the various cables
in (and maybe use cable glands to keep these waterproof, if I can't
improvise something myself).

If it comes to it, I suppose I could make one myself, although I'm
not confident of sealing the lid completely.

Somthing like this do?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SMWP401.html

Toby...

Smaller one at the bottom of this link...

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...Box/index.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/64qnsg
if the above does not work properly...

Toby...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Terry Pinnell
wrote
After much googling I've still not found what I'm looking for, so
wonder if anyone here knows of any possible sources please? I want a
cheap weatherproof box to contain a low voltage transformer, mains
socket, timer, etc, for my pond light and pump setup. About 12" x 10"
x 8" should be adequate, but bigger is no problem as I can hide it
behind some plants. I'll drill holes for getting the various cables in
(and maybe use cable glands to keep these waterproof, if I can't
improvise something myself).

If it comes to it, I suppose I could make one myself, although I'm not
confident of sealing the lid completely.

www.cpc.co.uk

search for IP66

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/module.jsp?moduleId=cpc/406164.xml

You don't need an account with CPC as long as you pay by card at the
time of ordering.
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Terry Pinnell wrote:
After much googling I've still not found what I'm looking for, so
wonder if anyone here knows of any possible sources please? I want a
cheap weatherproof box to contain a low voltage transformer, mains
socket, timer, etc, for my pond light and pump setup. About 12" x 10"
x 8" should be adequate, but bigger is no problem as I can hide it
behind some plants. I'll drill holes for getting the various cables in
(and maybe use cable glands to keep these waterproof, if I can't
improvise something myself).

If it comes to it, I suppose I could make one myself, although I'm not
confident of sealing the lid completely.

Noticed in a flier that Maplin sell them. Not very cheap, though. But
quite large.

--
*I can see your point, but I still think you're full of ****.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks all, much appreciate the helpful replies. About to order the
plastic CPC box suggested by Pete & John, but see 'Awaiting Delivery',
Clearly in great demand despite the financial situation ;-)

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Terry Pinnell wrote:
After much googling I've still not found what I'm looking for, so
wonder if anyone here knows of any possible sources please? I want a
cheap weatherproof box to contain a low voltage transformer, mains
socket, timer, etc, for my pond light and pump setup. About 12" x 10"
x 8" should be adequate, but bigger is no problem as I can hide it
behind some plants. I'll drill holes for getting the various cables in
(and maybe use cable glands to keep these waterproof, if I can't
improvise something myself).

If it comes to it, I suppose I could make one myself, although I'm not
confident of sealing the lid completely.

Just got this
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...9FR&T=12424362

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
news
After much googling I've still not found what I'm looking for, so
wonder if anyone here knows of any possible sources please?

I wanted a water proof box for an in door security camera I wanted to try
out
in the garden as a sort of cheap bill oddie winter watch.
I got a plastic box from the local poundshop. Seems to do the trick.
Although I did have to cut a few holes for cables and the lens etc....