Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gel Gel is offline

Default Record No 3 Bench Vice

My Record Vice has stopped unwinding; have dismantled & oiled up, and
assume something has broken/fallen off.
It's fine when rotating clockwise to close jaws; any clues as to how I
could rectify valued.

The parts that I can get out are the handle/threaded shank, on which
there's a washer & spring, which I assume are on the front of the unit
as you reassemble.

What should be pulling the jaws back together?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Gel" wrote in message
My Record Vice has stopped unwinding; have dismantled & oiled up, and
assume something has broken/fallen off.
It's fine when rotating clockwise to close jaws; any clues as to how I
could rectify valued.

The parts that I can get out are the handle/threaded shank, on which
there's a washer & spring, which I assume are on the front of the unit
as you reassemble.

What should be pulling the jaws back together?

There is a spring, washer and split pin (cotter pin)that goes through the
shaft.

Washer via spring pushes on sliding part of vise.

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gel Gel is offline

Thanks Mark; split pin obviously missing; too dark now, but must look
harder
for split pin hole.
Which end of shaft is it, near handle end?