Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Vice needed for portable bench

The only place I have to do my woodwork is a small garage where a car
has to be kept every night.
There's no spare floor space, so all tools and other devices need to
be hung on the wall. For a work bench I'm currently using a piece of
laminated worktop with formica on top, thick chipboard underneath and
hardwood edging. This I place on trestles for working purposes, then
it goes back on the wall when I'm finished.

What's lacking is a vice, but I need one that's both light and with a
mechanism that's not so deep that it intrudes into the free space when
the bench top is hung on the wall. Is there such a thing and any
suggestions where I might find one?