Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stock up on Nitromoors lads.

http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=11757

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=11757

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

My van looks forward to the proposals.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2emg39x&s=4

I have already stocked up to sort the *******s out that did this.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hmmm - eye contact with this stuff can be particularly nasty.

Whilst I'm not in favour of the current policy of banning anything
more toxic than marmalade - I can see in this case there is some merit
in pushing manufacturers towards alternative products for the diy
sector.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

BTW - I heard Nitromoors is useful for softening Araldite (and
possibly other epoxies).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message
. com...
http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=11757

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

My van looks forward to the proposals.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2emg39x&s=4

I have already stocked up to sort the *******s out that did this.

On shotgun carts?

I'm glad you haven't had it signwritten.

If it's your average workaday van then I would consider painting the
affected panels with a gloss roller, not perfect but who's to know.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Nov, 20:38, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Assuming there is an alternative in this case. *Will anything less nasty
actually work?

I use Removall from paint-stripper.co.uk (just a customer). It's
bloody brilliant - far, far better than Nitromors. The only downside
is that it takes 24 hours to do its stuff, but it's non-toxic, non-
caustic and biodegradeable. What's not to like?

Ian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Assuming there is an alternative in this case. Will anything less
nasty actually work?

I use Removall from paint-stripper.co.uk (just a customer). It's
bloody brilliant - far, far better than Nitromors. The only downside
is that it takes 24 hours to do its stuff, but it's non-toxic, non-
caustic and biodegradeable. What's not to like?

Yebbut... using nitromors is a rite of passage. Feeling those little
patches of burning on your forearms and frantically rinsing, choking on the
fumes, watching it burn through the floor and down to the earth's core.
It's the chemical equiv of a chainsaw.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Assuming there is an alternative in this case. Will anything less
nasty actually work?

I use Removall from paint-stripper.co.uk (just a customer). It's
bloody brilliant - far, far better than Nitromors. The only downside
is that it takes 24 hours to do its stuff, but it's non-toxic, non-
caustic and biodegradeable. What's not to like?

Yebbut... using nitromors is a rite of passage. Feeling those little
patches of burning on your forearms and frantically rinsing, choking on the
fumes, watching it burn through the floor and down to the earth's core.
It's the chemical equiv of a chainsaw.

I've never had any injuries or unpleasantness using Nitromors.

(And it smells rather nice!).

--
Frank Erskine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Assuming there is an alternative in this case. Will anything less
nasty actually work?

I use Removall from paint-stripper.co.uk (just a customer). It's
bloody brilliant - far, far better than Nitromors. The only downside
is that it takes 24 hours to do its stuff, but it's non-toxic, non-
caustic and biodegradeable. What's not to like?

Yebbut... using nitromors is a rite of passage. Feeling those little
patches of burning on your forearms and frantically rinsing, choking on the
fumes, watching it burn through the floor and down to the earth's core.
It's the chemical equiv of a chainsaw.

The insidious thing is that it doesn't start burning *immediately*. It
waits a while, so you think 'that wasn't worth worrying about' or 'mist
have been a drop of water' - then it's too late and it's burrowed into
your flesh.

I always thought the manufacturers must make napalm too.

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman"
saying something like:

Assuming there is an alternative in this case. Will anything less nasty
actually work?

Biodiesel strips some household paints, and cleans brushes. It also
functions as a fairly good weedkiller, that I do know.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain
saying something like:

"Tacrolimus severe overdosage after intake of masked grapefruit in
orange marmalade"
http://www.springerlink.com/content/vj2v7j3wux06201p/

Nasty. I couldn't get the article, but it mentions liver transplant
patients, to whom I asssume grapefruit is a hazard.
Same thing goes for statins, and if grapefruit is present in some
marmalades it's something to be wary of.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker wrote:

Yebbut... using nitromors is a rite of passage. Feeling those little
patches of burning on your forearms and frantically rinsing, choking on the
fumes, watching it burn through the floor and down to the earth's core.
It's the chemical equiv of a chainsaw.

Reminds me of the tale about the guy who invented a universal
solvent

He couldn't find anything to put it in.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:07:17 +0000, fred wrote:

In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message
.com...
http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=11757

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

My van looks forward to the proposals.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2emg39x&s=4

I have already stocked up to sort the *******s out that did this.

On shotgun carts?

I'm glad you haven't had it signwritten.

If it's your average workaday van then I would consider painting the
affected panels with a gloss roller, not perfect but who's to know.

There was a time of course when Nitromors wouldn't attack car paint,
( FWIR ) .

Nowadays it seems cars are painted with the same sort of powder &
water paint my daughter uses with her primary school class of 7 year
old special needs kids.

Derek

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Steve Walker wrote:

Yebbut... using nitromors is a rite of passage. Feeling those little
patches of burning on your forearms and frantically rinsing, choking on
the
fumes, watching it burn through the floor and down to the earth's core.
It's the chemical equiv of a chainsaw.

Reminds me of the tale about the guy who invented a universal
solvent

He couldn't find anything to put it in.

It really has been done.. magnetic bottle.
(Yes I do understand a bit of nuclear physics.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:07:17 +0000, fred wrote:

In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message
.com...
http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=11757

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

My van looks forward to the proposals.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2emg39x&s=4

I have already stocked up to sort the *******s out that did this.

On shotgun carts?

I'm glad you haven't had it signwritten.

If it's your average workaday van then I would consider painting the
affected panels with a gloss roller, not perfect but who's to know.

Or rub down the inset panel and get one of them stick-on things that
companies print for you
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 00:31:15 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain
saying something like:

"Tacrolimus severe overdosage after intake of masked grapefruit in
orange marmalade"
http://www.springerlink.com/content/vj2v7j3wux06201p/

Nasty. I couldn't get the article, but it mentions liver transplant
patients, to whom I asssume grapefruit is a hazard.
Same thing goes for statins, and if grapefruit is present in some
marmalades it's something to be wary of.

I know that bit about statins but I was told that eating grapefruit
wasn't a hazard but reduced the effectiveness of the statins ....cos I
like grapefruit

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:30:30 -0800 (PST), " wrote:

BTW - I heard Nitromoors is useful for softening Araldite (and
possibly other epoxies).

Yes - good for un-potting encapsulated electronics - it also de-laminates multilayer boards - can
look quite pretty....!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

wrote:
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 00:31:15 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain
saying something like:

"Tacrolimus severe overdosage after intake of masked grapefruit in
orange marmalade"
http://www.springerlink.com/content/vj2v7j3wux06201p/
Nasty. I couldn't get the article, but it mentions liver transplant
patients, to whom I asssume grapefruit is a hazard.
Same thing goes for statins, and if grapefruit is present in some
marmalades it's something to be wary of.

I know that bit about statins but I was told that eating grapefruit
wasn't a hazard but reduced the effectiveness of the statins ....cos I
like grapefruit

In case anyone wishes to look further, you could do worse than start he

http://www.powernetdesign.com/grapefruit/

(That covers lots of medications - not just statins.)

and, maybe, this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_drugs_affected_by_grapefruit

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:07:17 +0000, fred wrote:

In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message
.com...
http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=11757

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

My van looks forward to the proposals.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2emg39x&s=4

I have already stocked up to sort the *******s out that did this.

On shotgun carts?

I'm glad you haven't had it signwritten.

If it's your average workaday van then I would consider painting the
affected panels with a gloss roller, not perfect but who's to know.

Or rub down the inset panel and get one of them stick-on things that
companies print for you

There is still the roof and door to do where it splashed over.

I have a friend who is a qualified paint sprayer.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Assuming there is an alternative in this case. Will anything less
nasty actually work?

I use Removall from paint-stripper.co.uk (just a customer). It's
bloody brilliant - far, far better than Nitromors. The only downside
is that it takes 24 hours to do its stuff, but it's non-toxic, non-
caustic and biodegradeable. What's not to like?

Yebbut... using nitromors is a rite of passage. Feeling those
little patches of burning on your forearms and frantically rinsing,
choking on the fumes, watching it burn through the floor and down to
the earth's core. It's the chemical equiv of a chainsaw.

The insidious thing is that it doesn't start burning *immediately*. It
waits a while, so you think 'that wasn't worth worrying about' or
'mist have been a drop of water' - then it's too late and it's
burrowed into your flesh.

Heh, that's right. And there's always a bit of scouring you want to finish
before running for the tap, so you're hanging on with gritted teeth...