Posted to uk.d-i-y
JTM JTM is offline

Default cold calling

Just been talking to a nice lady from Weatherseal (_again_)

She was well into arranging a sales visit to measure up for a conservatory
when she re-asked a question I'd somehow not answered earlier! Type of
property? 1st floor flat!

When I told her how much I enjoyed our littlte chats she offered to ring me
up to thirty times a day!

'bout 3 weeks ago actually got a visit arranged (for when I was out) and in
January a guy spent 35 mins extolling the virtues of the windows before we
mentioned our joint ownership (housing ass)

I know, I know. A sad life .

John

--
John Mulrooney

I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JTM" wrote in message
Just been talking to a nice lady from Weatherseal (_again_)

She was well into arranging a sales visit to measure up for a conservatory
when she re-asked a question I'd somehow not answered earlier! Type of
property? 1st floor flat!

When I told her how much I enjoyed our littlte chats she offered to ring

me
up to thirty times a day!

'bout 3 weeks ago actually got a visit arranged (for when I was out) and

in
January a guy spent 35 mins extolling the virtues of the windows before we
mentioned our joint ownership (housing ass)

I know, I know. A sad life .

John

Took one of these calls once. Asked all the right questions. Arranged for
a builder to take a look at building a dwarf wall to install the
conservatory on top. Was told a load of prices that would not be exceeded
by any of the installation criteria.

Then was asked for my full address. Flat A on the thirteenth floor of the
tower block at the bottom of the road. "Are you sure the dwarf wall will be
enough to reach up here?" Asked me. She slammed the phone down. Ignorant
bitch. I thought it was an important question that needed answered. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , JTM writes
Just been talking to a nice lady from Weatherseal (_again_)

She was well into arranging a sales visit to measure up for a conservatory
when she re-asked a question I'd somehow not answered earlier! Type of
property? 1st floor flat!

When I told her how much I enjoyed our littlte chats she offered to ring me
up to thirty times a day!

'bout 3 weeks ago actually got a visit arranged (for when I was out) and in
January a guy spent 35 mins extolling the virtues of the windows before we
mentioned our joint ownership (housing ass)

I know, I know. A sad life .

Many years ago before I registered with the TPS, I used to get regular
calls from people wanting to sell me double glazing. The conversation
used to get a bit confused when I pointed out that I didn't have any
windows (I was in a leasehold flat, the windows belonging to the
freeholder). I usually asked if they had my address on their details,
invariably they said yes, but ignored the bit that said "flat 10".

Ho Hum.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "news" with "adrian" and "nospam" with "ffoil"