Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Simpson Adrian Simpson is offline

Default cold calling

In article , JTM writes
Just been talking to a nice lady from Weatherseal (_again_)

She was well into arranging a sales visit to measure up for a conservatory
when she re-asked a question I'd somehow not answered earlier! Type of
property? 1st floor flat!

When I told her how much I enjoyed our littlte chats she offered to ring me
up to thirty times a day!

'bout 3 weeks ago actually got a visit arranged (for when I was out) and in
January a guy spent 35 mins extolling the virtues of the windows before we
mentioned our joint ownership (housing ass)

I know, I know. A sad life .

Many years ago before I registered with the TPS, I used to get regular
calls from people wanting to sell me double glazing. The conversation
used to get a bit confused when I pointed out that I didn't have any
windows (I was in a leasehold flat, the windows belonging to the
freeholder). I usually asked if they had my address on their details,
invariably they said yes, but ignored the bit that said "flat 10".

Ho Hum.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "news" with "adrian" and "nospam" with "ffoil"