Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default remote control light switch

was tempted by one of those 'no wires remote control light switches'
made by 'home easy' whilst in B&Q yesterday, but can't find any info
on how long the lithium battery lasts.. any one know ?
Are we talking months and months presumably ?

Simon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
was tempted by one of those 'no wires remote control light switches'
made by 'home easy' whilst in B&Q yesterday, but can't find any info
on how long the lithium battery lasts.. any one know ?
Are we talking months and months presumably ?

Simon

It is bad enought trying to find the remotes for the TV equipment in our
house, not being able to turn on the lights to find a remote would
definitely be an additional source of irritation!

--
Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 17, 11:13*am, "Michael Chare"
wrote:
wrote in message

was tempted by one of those 'no wires remote control light switches'
made by 'home easy' whilst in B&Q yesterday, but can't find any info
on how long the lithium battery lasts.. any one know ?
Are we talking months and months presumably ?

Simon

It is bad enought trying to find the remotes for the TV equipment in our
house, not being able to turn on the lights to find a remote would
definitely be an additional source of irritation!

no, the is one of those inventions that would have had the the Dragons
Den investors slathering all over it, it's a stick on light switch
that looks like a normal light switch.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 17, 10:40*am, Rod wrote:
wrote:
was tempted by one of those 'no wires remote control light switches'
made by 'home easy' whilst in B&Q yesterday, but can't find any info
on how long the lithium battery lasts.. any one know ?
Are we talking months and months presumably ?

Simon

I have the Domia Lite which uses (IIRC) a CR2032 button-type lithum cell
in its remote. I think that is now a couple of years and counting. I'd
anticipate (in the way we use it) at least four years and maybe much longer.

--
Rod

thanks, that's what I wanted to know ! Presumably there would have
been space to put an AA battery in the design if required, come to
think about it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
wrote in message

was tempted by one of those 'no wires remote control light switches'
made by 'home easy' whilst in B&Q yesterday, but can't find any info
on how long the lithium battery lasts.. any one know ?
Are we talking months and months presumably ?

Simon

It is bad enought trying to find the remotes for the TV equipment in our
house, not being able to turn on the lights to find a remote would
definitely be an additional source of irritation!

no, the is one of those inventions that would have had the the Dragons
Den investors slathering all over it, it's a stick on light switch
that looks like a normal light switch.

I bought a touch dimmer (MK) which has a remote facility - you 'teach' it to
respond to any unused button on an existing remote if you don't want to buy
the one that is recommended.