DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   remote control light switch (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/262855-remote-control-light-switch.html)

[email protected] October 17th 08 10:15 AM

remote control light switch

was tempted by one of those 'no wires remote control light switches'
made by 'home easy' whilst in B&Q yesterday, but can't find any info
on how long the lithium battery lasts.. any one know ?
Are we talking months and months presumably ?

Simon

Dave Plowman (News) October 17th 08 10:24 AM

remote control light switch

In article
,
wrote:
was tempted by one of those 'no wires remote control light switches'
made by 'home easy' whilst in B&Q yesterday, but can't find any info
on how long the lithium battery lasts.. any one know ?
Are we talking months and months presumably ?

Do you mean in the remote control? The switch itself has presumably access
to mains so shouldn't need a battery.

--
*Eat well, stay fit, die anyway

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Rod October 17th 08 10:40 AM

wrote:
was tempted by one of those 'no wires remote control light switches'
made by 'home easy' whilst in B&Q yesterday, but can't find any info
on how long the lithium battery lasts.. any one know ?
Are we talking months and months presumably ?

Simon

I have the Domia Lite which uses (IIRC) a CR2032 button-type lithum cell
in its remote. I think that is now a couple of years and counting. I'd
anticipate (in the way we use it) at least four years and maybe much longer.

--
Rod

onset.

Michael Chare October 17th 08 11:13 AM

wrote in message
was tempted by one of those 'no wires remote control light switches'
made by 'home easy' whilst in B&Q yesterday, but can't find any info
on how long the lithium battery lasts.. any one know ?
Are we talking months and months presumably ?

Simon

It is bad enought trying to find the remotes for the TV equipment in our
house, not being able to turn on the lights to find a remote would
definitely be an additional source of irritation!

--
Michael Chare

[email protected] October 17th 08 12:10 PM

remote control light switch

On Oct 17, 11:13*am, "Michael Chare"
wrote:
wrote in message

was tempted by one of those 'no wires remote control light switches'
made by 'home easy' whilst in B&Q yesterday, but can't find any info
on how long the lithium battery lasts.. any one know ?
Are we talking months and months presumably ?

Simon

It is bad enought trying to find the remotes for the TV equipment in our
house, not being able to turn on the lights to find a remote would
definitely be an additional source of irritation!

no, the is one of those inventions that would have had the the Dragons
Den investors slathering all over it, it's a stick on light switch
that looks like a normal light switch.

[email protected] October 17th 08 12:12 PM

On Oct 17, 10:40*am, Rod wrote:
wrote:
was tempted by one of those 'no wires remote control light switches'
made by 'home easy' whilst in B&Q yesterday, but can't find any info
on how long the lithium battery lasts.. any one know ?
Are we talking months and months presumably ?

Simon

I have the Domia Lite which uses (IIRC) a CR2032 button-type lithum cell
in its remote. I think that is now a couple of years and counting. I'd
anticipate (in the way we use it) at least four years and maybe much longer.

--
Rod

thanks, that's what I wanted to know ! Presumably there would have
been space to put an AA battery in the design if required, come to
think about it.

Rod October 17th 08 01:03 PM

wrote:
On Oct 17, 10:40 am, Rod wrote:
wrote:
was tempted by one of those 'no wires remote control light switches'
made by 'home easy' whilst in B&Q yesterday, but can't find any info
on how long the lithium battery lasts.. any one know ?
Are we talking months and months presumably ?
Simon

I have the Domia Lite which uses (IIRC) a CR2032 button-type lithum cell
in its remote. I think that is now a couple of years and counting. I'd
anticipate (in the way we use it) at least four years and maybe much longer.

--
Rod

thanks, that's what I wanted to know ! Presumably there would have
been space to put an AA battery in the design if required, come to
think about it.

Good. I know when I bought mine, I noticed some other makes used a 123A
- which looks like a slightly shrunken AA. I preferred to go with
something that used a cell that we already need for other purposes.

--
Rod

onset.

John October 17th 08 02:52 PM

wrote:
wrote in message

was tempted by one of those 'no wires remote control light switches'
made by 'home easy' whilst in B&Q yesterday, but can't find any info
on how long the lithium battery lasts.. any one know ?
Are we talking months and months presumably ?

Simon

It is bad enought trying to find the remotes for the TV equipment in our
house, not being able to turn on the lights to find a remote would
definitely be an additional source of irritation!

no, the is one of those inventions that would have had the the Dragons
Den investors slathering all over it, it's a stick on light switch
that looks like a normal light switch.

I bought a touch dimmer (MK) which has a remote facility - you 'teach' it to
respond to any unused button on an existing remote if you don't want to buy
the one that is recommended.

Harry Bloomfield[_3_] October 17th 08 07:16 PM

wrote on 17/10/2008 :
was tempted by one of those 'no wires remote control light switches'
made by 'home easy' whilst in B&Q yesterday, but can't find any info
on how long the lithium battery lasts.. any one know ?
Are we talking months and months presumably ?

They tend to have the life of a battery which has not been fitted, or
in other words the shelf life of the battery.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)