Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CH pressure variation

What kind of variation should I expect between off and running?
Off (cold) it's about 1.5 bar rising to around 2 bar when hot.
New system, Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30cdi
Cheers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "fred" saying something
like:

What kind of variation should I expect between off and running?
Off (cold) it's about 1.5 bar rising to around 2 bar when hot.

That's perfectly normal.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 23:39:53 +0100, "fred" wrote:

What kind of variation should I expect between off and running?
Off (cold) it's about 1.5 bar rising to around 2 bar when hot.
New system, Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30cdi
Cheers.

That's fine, although I would check the instruction book as 1.5 is a
tad high for cold, but nothing to worry about.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"EricP" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 23:39:53 +0100, "fred" wrote:

What kind of variation should I expect between off and running?
Off (cold) it's about 1.5 bar rising to around 2 bar when hot.
New system, Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30cdi
Cheers.

i have my (halstead combi) at 1 bar cold, it goes upto 2 bar when hot,
prolly a result of the mix of 15mm an 8mm microbore pipes in the system, (2
rads are on microbore, the rest on 15mm, why i dont know, but the ones on
the microbore heat up faster than the 15mm ones)

The central heating in my motorhome sees an even larger cold to hot pressure
differance, but that runs at 85 degrees C rather than the 55 a home system
runs at,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
EricP writes:
On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 23:39:53 +0100, "fred" wrote:

What kind of variation should I expect between off and running?
Off (cold) it's about 1.5 bar rising to around 2 bar when hot.
New system, Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30cdi
Cheers.

That's fine, although I would check the instruction book as 1.5 is a
tad high for cold, but nothing to worry about.

It depends on the vertical distance between the guage and the
highest point on the system. If you have 30' or more above the
guage, you will need more than 1 bar.

--
Andrew Gabriel