Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The best car wash/wax?

Every 3 years or so I purchase a 5 litre bottle of car wash/wax.

Today I have finished my most recent one, which is (was) Turtle Zip Wax.

All I know is this product is inferior to whatever I used last time.
Problem is....I can't remember what I used last time because it was 3 or 4
years ago!

So before I go shopping does anybody have an opinion on what is the best all
in one car wash/wax product? Simoniz, Car Plan? Halfords own brand?
Something else?

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Vortex3" gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

Every 3 years or so I purchase a 5 litre bottle of car wash/wax.

Today I have finished my most recent one, which is (was) Turtle Zip Wax.

All I know is this product is inferior to whatever I used last time.
Problem is....I can't remember what I used last time because it was 3 or
4 years ago!

So before I go shopping does anybody have an opinion on what is the best
all in one car wash/wax product? Simoniz, Car Plan? Halfords own brand?
Something else?

Blimey, talk about a big question...

www.detailingworld.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vortex3 wrote:
Every 3 years or so I purchase a 5 litre bottle of car wash/wax.

Today I have finished my most recent one, which is (was) Turtle Zip
Wax.
All I know is this product is inferior to whatever I used last time.
Problem is....I can't remember what I used last time because it was 3
or 4 years ago!

So before I go shopping does anybody have an opinion on what is the
best all in one car wash/wax product? Simoniz, Car Plan? Halfords
own brand? Something else?

David

Mer is brilliant stuff.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Vortex3" wrote in message
| Every 3 years or so I purchase a 5 litre bottle of car wash/wax.
|
| Today I have finished my most recent one, which is (was) Turtle Zip Wax.
|
| All I know is this product is inferior to whatever I used last time.
| Problem is....I can't remember what I used last time because it was 3 or 4
| years ago!
|
| So before I go shopping does anybody have an opinion on what is the best
all
| in one car wash/wax product? Simoniz, Car Plan? Halfords own brand?
| Something else?
|

| David

Has to be McGuires

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vortex3 coughed up some electrons that declared:

Every 3 years or so I purchase a 5 litre bottle of car wash/wax.

Today I have finished my most recent one, which is (was) Turtle Zip Wax.

All I know is this product is inferior to whatever I used last time.
Problem is....I can't remember what I used last time because it was 3 or 4
years ago!

So before I go shopping does anybody have an opinion on what is the best
all
in one car wash/wax product? Simoniz, Car Plan? Halfords own brand?
Something else?

David

Autoglym without doubt. Not that I've tried many brands. Stopped searching
after I found the aforementioned product. Shampoo is very effective.

Cheers

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

So before I go shopping does anybody have an opinion on what is the best all
in one car wash/wax product? Simoniz, Car Plan? Halfords own brand?
Something else?

"Collinite 476" was mentioned recently in uk.rec.cars.maintenance - by
the sounds of it, it's good enough to only need doing once a year (!)

If I ever get a new car, it's what i'm going for :-}
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:45:45 +0100, Vortex3 wrote:

Every 3 years or so I purchase a 5 litre bottle of car wash/wax.

What's the car washing thing? Doesn't it rain where you are? In the winter
I occasionally scrap the mud/salt off the lights and number plates but
that's all.

Having said that it does get a wash and vac every 12,000 miles when it is
serviced by the dealers. But TBH I rather have a twenty quid off the
bill...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim S wrote:
Vortex3 coughed up some electrons that declared:

Every 3 years or so I purchase a 5 litre bottle of car wash/wax.

Today I have finished my most recent one, which is (was) Turtle Zip
Wax.

All I know is this product is inferior to whatever I used last time.
Problem is....I can't remember what I used last time because it was
3 or 4 years ago!

So before I go shopping does anybody have an opinion on what is the
best all
in one car wash/wax product? Simoniz, Car Plan? Halfords own brand?
Something else?

David

Autoglym without doubt. Not that I've tried many brands. Stopped
searching after I found the aforementioned product. Shampoo is very
effective.

Autoglym is a well established & trusted brand used by many professional car
valeters. Never used their shampoo, but everything else I have used has
been great.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi,

I used to own a series 1 rs turbo which I used to show in the concours
class. The best polish I came across was meguairs. It works brilliant one
black paint as most don't. Also it makes the shine appear a lot deeper.

Anthony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vortex3 wrote:
Every 3 years or so I purchase a 5 litre bottle of car wash/wax.

Today I have finished my most recent one, which is (was) Turtle Zip Wax.

All I know is this product is inferior to whatever I used last time.
Problem is....I can't remember what I used last time because it was 3 or
4 years ago!

So before I go shopping does anybody have an opinion on what is the best
all in one car wash/wax product? Simoniz, Car Plan? Halfords own
brand? Something else?

Something else.

Wax in the washing water gets on the windscreen etc and is a pain. Better
to keep the two jobs separate. A decent 'wax' done after washing will last
much longer too.

--
*If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.