Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Condensing boiler siting options

Hi

I'm thinking of renewing my combi boiler with a condensing one, but
would struggle to run the condensate to a drain from the existing site
(hall cupboard, vertical flue). The kitchen has flagstones, and the
bathroom is tiled, so moving location of the boiler isn't an easy
option for me. I think this leaves me with two options:

a) renew boiler with a standard boiler; or
b) use a condensate tank/bottle beneath the boiler.

Would i fall foul of regs for replacing with a standard boiler?

Does anyone have experience of living with a condensate bottle - how
often does it require emptying during cold months?

Any advice appreciated. thanks

Daljit
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Daljit wrote:
Hi

I'm thinking of renewing my combi boiler with a condensing one, but
would struggle to run the condensate to a drain from the existing site
(hall cupboard, vertical flue). The kitchen has flagstones, and the
bathroom is tiled, so moving location of the boiler isn't an easy
option for me. I think this leaves me with two options:

a) renew boiler with a standard boiler; or
b) use a condensate tank/bottle beneath the boiler.

Would i fall foul of regs for replacing with a standard boiler?

Does anyone have experience of living with a condensate bottle - how
often does it require emptying during cold months?

Any advice appreciated. thanks

Daljit

The condensate doesn't have to run into a drain - it can go to a soakaway,
IE a hole filled with stones / gravel.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 13:00:30 -0700, Daljit wrote:

I'm thinking of renewing my combi boiler with a condensing one, but
would struggle to run the condensate to a drain from the existing site
(hall cupboard, vertical flue). The kitchen has flagstones, and the
bathroom is tiled, so moving location of the boiler isn't an easy
option for me. I think this leaves me with two options:

a) renew boiler with a standard boiler; or
b) use a condensate tank/bottle beneath the boiler.

c) condensate pump, £50-£100

--
John Stumbles

Teenagers: tired of being harassed by your stupid parents?
Act now! Move out, get a job and pay your own bills,
while you still know everything!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You would unless you can find enough points on the exemptions checklist
to be exempt.

Do you have a loft/attic it could go in? Usually possible to get access
to a soil stack up there.

Owain

I'd prefer fitting a condensing boiler if i can, and didn't know there
was such a thing as a condensate pump. I think that's the answer, and
yes, can easily get access to the attic - should be lots of options
for me up there.

cheers

Daljit