Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default looking for a laminate pull bar

Because me good one has gone amiss? cost £9.95 but for the life of me cannot
remember where I bought it as it was at least 4 years ago.

I came across this in B&Q and reminded myself why I never shop there.

http://tinyurl.com/3o2fe7

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
George wrote:
Because me good one has gone amiss? cost £9.95 but for the life of me
cannot remember where I bought it as it was at least 4 years ago.

I came across this in B&Q and reminded myself why I never shop there.

http://tinyurl.com/3o2fe7

Lidl had a kit of bar and wedges recently for only a couple of quid.

--
*Rehab is for quitters

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
Because me good one has gone amiss? cost £9.95 but for the life of me
cannot remember where I bought it as it was at least 4 years ago.

I came across this in B&Q and reminded myself why I never shop there.

http://tinyurl.com/3o2fe7

I saw that in B&Q and was also a bit stunned at £15 for a bent lump of
steel. The el cheapo one that came in the kit I bought ages ago has lasted
for about half a dozen laminate jobs, but now needs hammering back into
shape. That one does look a lot better made.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 08:27:24 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
George wrote:
Because me good one has gone amiss? cost £9.95 but for the life of me
cannot remember where I bought it as it was at least 4 years ago.

I came across this in B&Q and reminded myself why I never shop there.

http://tinyurl.com/3o2fe7

Lidl had a kit of bar and wedges recently for only a couple of quid.

Screwfix kit is £8.99
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/64749/...ng-Fitting-Kit
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
Lidl had a kit of bar and wedges recently for only a couple of quid.

Screwfix kit is £8.99

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/64749/...ng-Fitting-Kit

Looks similar - although the pull bar is either longer or not so broad.

--
*On the other hand, you have different fingers*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
George wrote:
Because me good one has gone amiss? cost £9.95 but for the life of me
cannot remember where I bought it as it was at least 4 years ago.

I came across this in B&Q and reminded myself why I never shop there.

http://tinyurl.com/3o2fe7

I saw that in B&Q and was also a bit stunned at £15 for a bent lump of
steel. The el cheapo one that came in the kit I bought ages ago has lasted
for about half a dozen laminate jobs, but now needs hammering back into
shape. That one does look a lot better made.

To get that last plank down especially next to a plasterboard wall can
be difficult as the pull bar is a bit feeble and you can not lever
against the wall if plasterboard. I just put rubbed the tongue & groove
with some abrasive paper to give a snug but not too tight fit, then
assembled with plenty of glue. Done 3 rooms like that without failure.
The first room still has a gouge on the floor face from when the bar
jumped.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
om...
Because me good one has gone amiss? cost £9.95 but for the life of me
cannot remember where I bought it as it was at least 4 years ago.

I came across this in B&Q and reminded myself why I never shop there.

http://tinyurl.com/3o2fe7

I'm aking one with an old router guide plate that was doing nothing but
gathering dust.

You know that plate with two guide rods you get with most routers? just got
to find a steel flat bar for the puller lever.

:-)

Pull saw The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 16 July 21st 06 01:10 PM
How would you make this pull? stoutman Woodworking 8 February 13th 06 04:13 AM
Looking for fan pull chain [email protected] Woodturning 11 June 17th 05 01:52 AM
do i need to pull the starter? RB Home Repair 1 September 8th 04 03:02 PM
Help Me Pull The Plug Fdmorrison Metalworking 39 February 9th 04 11:33 PM