Default Looking for fan pull chain

I have searched high and low and cannot find a good price on fan pull
chain. I am in the process of making about 100 of these of these fan
pulls, and if I can sell a few of them, I think they would make a
great, inexpensive gifts.

All I need to do now is to keep the other half from claiming every
other one!

The problem is that they don't sell for much. The upside is they don't
take too much time to make either, and it has been wonderful to take
all those scraps I have laying around and do something good with them.

But the chains are pretty expensive. I have found a lot of "ball
chain" or "beaded chain" that is used for all sorts of things. But the
best deal per foot and with attachement closure seems to be Craft
Supplies at .20 per 4" chain with a 10% discount for bulk. I AM NOT
complaining about that price, but they only come in 4" length.

I have found in lab testing (read: den and home office) that an 8"
chaing will get he pull around the light a little better since the
light takes up a great deal of the pull chain on the older style of
light kits.

Anybody find a good source for 6" or 8" chains without buying in bulk,
then buying the connectors and some kind of stopper?

Thanks -

Robert

Michael Latcha

Not sure what you consider expensive or not in bulk, but Home Depot and
Lowe's has beaded chain. A handful (12 feet) of chain and several (a
dozen?) connectors come in a package for $4-$5 or so (the last one I bought
was $4.20). The chain is easy to cut, so you can get about 18 8" lengths
for about 23 cents each. The connectors, I believe, are available
separately and can double as the stopper.

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Stuart Johnson

I don't know the price but Ace Hardware sells the chain from bulk rolls. They
also have the connectors.

Stuart Johnson
Red Oak, Texas

Anybody find a good source for 6" or 8" chains without buying in bulk,
then buying the connectors and some kind of stopper?

Thanks -

Robert

Joe Gorman

Stuart Johnson wrote:
I don't know the price but Ace Hardware sells the chain from bulk rolls. They
also have the connectors.

Stuart Johnson
Red Oak, Texas

Anybody find a good source for 6" or 8" chains without buying in bulk,
then buying the connectors and some kind of stopper?

Thanks -

Robert

http://ballchain.com/
rolls and precut lengths, your 8" in #6 would be $42.50 per 100.
Joe
Derek & Sara Hartzell

I googled : lamp pull chain roll. I got
http://www.tracysworkshop.com/p-7613...chain-100.aspx as a product
search result. Price is $20/100'. This guy also has good prices on ebay :
http://stores.ebay.com/Texas-Lamp-Mfgs

Steve Worcester

When I was making them to sell, I bought it from Rings and things.
ABout $20/spool plus ends. I have some I would probably sell since I
don't use it anymore.
Steve Worcester
www.turningwood.com

wrote:
I have searched high and low and cannot find a good price on fan pull
chain. I am in the process of making about 100 of these of these fan
pulls, and if I can sell a few of them, I think they would make a
great, inexpensive gifts.

Steve:

Are you John Tolly's buddy? He comes to demo at our club ni San
Antonio every year and he is one of the most popular demonstrators the
we have. Helluva nice guy, and quite the inventor.

Allways touts your sandpaper, if indeed you are one in the same. The
tip that got me thinking was that as per your website every piece of
paper has the grit sized written on it... not many would take the time
to do that.

Soo.... is you is or is you ain't?

Robert

American DeRosa is one place that will sell chain and connectors in
bulk. Actually, any lighting supply house will have it in bulk as well
as the connectors.

Bill W

Ken Moon

wrote in message
oups.com...
Steve:

Are you John Tolly's buddy? He comes to demo at our club ni San
Antonio every year and he is one of the most popular demonstrators the
we have. Helluva nice guy, and quite the inventor.

Allways touts your sandpaper, if indeed you are one in the same. The
tip that got me thinking was that as per your website every piece of
paper has the grit sized written on it... not many would take the time
to do that.

Soo.... is you is or is you ain't?

Robert

======================
Robert,
Unless Steve's moved, he's from up on the north side of Dallas; the Tolly's
are here in the Austin area. All three worth watching for as many sessions
as you can schedule.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.

Xlat

I've got an Ace hardware close to me where you can buy the brass
chain, or nickel plated by the foot. They have it on some pretty good
size rolls. Price is very reasonable too, although I can't remember
exactly what it was...

On 13 Jun 2005 11:53:24 -0700, wrote:

[...]

Remove the nospam from my address to email me!!

Sears snow blower chain won't keep tight Mark Home Repair 3 May 9th 05 03:44 AM
Chainsaw oil Bill R Woodturning 29 April 2nd 05 04:57 AM
sharpending chain saw chain? Krystonia5 Home Repair 19 January 31st 05 01:11 PM
Chain Saw Bar Wear Jonathan Goodish Woodworking 36 January 22nd 05 11:36 PM
Yale Electric Chain Hoist Question MP Toolman Metalworking 3 July 13th 04 08:24 AM