Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

Default How would you make this pull?

How would you make this pull? I was thinking a 1/2" radius round over for
the top and blending it in by hand, but I 'm not sure how to do it and still
keep all 10.

Any ideas?

POSTED IPICTURE IN ABPW

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/index.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking
Josh

Draw out the profile as if it's sitting on a table top and you're
looking at it from the side. Based on Rockler's dimensions, it would
be mushroom shape 1" wide and 3/4" tall. Duplicate the pattern
numerous times (I'd just draw it out on my computer and print it).

Then, take a 1.5" x 1.5" square of maple 1" thick (to go with your
son's dresser, right?), and tape your pattern on two adjacent sides,
lining them up in the Z direction. Cut out the profile using a scroll
saw like it was a big thick jigsaw puzzle. After you do it in the X
direction, tape the two pieces back together, and then do the cut along
Y.

When you're done, just soften it up with some sandpaper or a file.

Josh

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

"Josh" wrote in message
oups.com...
Draw out the profile as if it's sitting on a table top and you're
looking at it from the side. Based on Rockler's dimensions, it would
be mushroom shape 1" wide and 3/4" tall. Duplicate the pattern
numerous times (I'd just draw it out on my computer and print it).

Then, take a 1.5" x 1.5" square of maple 1" thick (to go with your
son's dresser, right?), and tape your pattern on two adjacent sides,
lining them up in the Z direction. Cut out the profile using a scroll
saw like it was a big thick jigsaw puzzle. After you do it in the X
direction, tape the two pieces back together, and then do the cut along
Y.

When you're done, just soften it up with some sandpaper or a file.

Josh

How did you know that was a Rockler. That was pretty good.

That's not a bad idea, its just that it might be difficult (for me) to be
consistent from pull to pull.

Thanks for the input!

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/index.htm
(Featuring a NEW look)

Posted to rec.woodworking

This was asked before in another posting and apparently the asker
found "it".

Me, I'm a little slower when it comes to abreviations so I'll ask
again.

What is ABPW?

Pete

POSTED IPICTURE IN ABPW

Posted to rec.woodworking
DanG

ABPW stands for Alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. It is another
newsgroup that allows photos. You will need to search for that
group on your newsreader and subscribe to it. Some ISPs do not
carry binaries, so you may need to go to Google / groups / search
for the group.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
This was asked before in another posting and apparently the
asker
found "it".

Me, I'm a little slower when it comes to abreviations so I'll
ask
again.

What is ABPW?

Pete

POSTED IPICTURE IN ABPW

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article 25PHf.109999$0G.37905@dukeread10, DanG
wrote:

Some ISPs do not
carry binaries, so you may need to go to Google / groups / search
for the group.

Google doesn't carry binary groups.

--
The moral difference between a soldier and a civilian is that the soldier
accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic of which he
Posted to rec.woodworking
Guess who

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:07:35 GMT, "stoutman" .@. wrote:

How would you make this pull? I was thinking a 1/2" radius round over for
the top and blending it in by hand, but I 'm not sure how to do it and still
keep all 10.

Rout/Shape using a longer piece, then cut off. You can perhaps cut
out some with the TS before routing to reduce strain.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

stoutman wrote:

How would you make this pull?

I wouldn't. I would make do with whatever mass produced pulls I could
find from a vendor or make something myself that could be done
relatively quickly, simply and without necesitating acts of
woodworking prestidigitation.

Some seemingly simple things are just not practical to make. I also
don't make hinges, screws, nails or shaker pegs.

Joe Barta
Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

I'm glad that you're not the only one that thinks that. Helps my business.

.. .