Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default boiler condensate drain

Hello,

Daft question but the condensate drain made of 22mm "overflow" pipe,
does it have to be solvent welded or is push fit ok?

Thanks,
Stephen.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen wrote:
Hello,

Daft question but the condensate drain made of 22mm "overflow" pipe,
does it have to be solvent welded or is push fit ok?

I bought some 22mm overflow today for exactly that job on my new boiler. I
assumed it was solvent weld, but looking at the label on the pipe its
described as push fit.

Im going to weld mine I think.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen wrote:

Daft question but the condensate drain made of 22mm "overflow" pipe,
does it have to be solvent welded or is push fit ok?

I've only ever seen pushfit AFAICR

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:58:19 +0000, Stephen wrote:

Hello,

Daft question but the condensate drain made of 22mm "overflow" pipe,
does it have to be solvent welded or is push fit ok?

Generally solvent weld but I sometimes leave one or two joints
un-solvented so they can be disassembled if necessary.

--
YAPH http://yaph.co.uk

I can't stand intolerance
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Stephen wrote:
Hello,

Daft question but the condensate drain made of 22mm "overflow" pipe,
does it have to be solvent welded or is push fit ok?

I bought some 22mm overflow today for exactly that job on my new boiler. I
assumed it was solvent weld, but looking at the label on the pipe its
described as push fit.

Im going to weld mine I think.

Some push fit cannot be solvent welded.