Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another Riello OIl Burner question

These coincidences always occur - I was looking at the handbook for my
CH boiler using a Riello 40, when lo and behold someone else asks
questions about one. Well, hijacking a post is just plain bad manners
so here's my question.

My Riello is fitted to a Camray II Model 15/21 boiler by Boulter -
they were taken over a few years back by Worcester Bosch. The
Technical data lists 4 apparent model types - 15kW through to 21kW
with no physical differences to the boiler body, etc.. Does anyone
know what defines the different power outputs as the only thing that
seems to vary is the nozzle and the oil pressure ? I'm wondering
quite which one I have (can't find the original receipt) and then if
I've got the 15kW one, can I just upgrade with some easy component
change ?

Thanks
Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember robgraham
saying something like:

The
Technical data lists 4 apparent model types - 15kW through to 21kW
with no physical differences to the boiler body, etc.. Does anyone
know what defines the different power outputs as the only thing that
seems to vary is the nozzle and the oil pressure ? I'm wondering
quite which one I have (can't find the original receipt) and then if
I've got the 15kW one, can I just upgrade with some easy component
change ?

Yep. Nozzle, oil pressure and air settings do it within a range. Same
goes for changing from kerosene to diesel. Originally there would have
been a leaflet with the burner listing the differences, but they usually
vanish.
I'll dig one out tomorrow if I've got one for the 40.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember robgraham
saying something like:

My Riello is fitted to a Camray II Model 15/21 boiler by Boulter -
they were taken over a few years back by Worcester Bosch. The
Technical data lists 4 apparent model types - 15kW through to 21kW
with no physical differences to the boiler body, etc.. Does anyone
know what defines the different power outputs as the only thing that
seems to vary is the nozzle and the oil pressure ? I'm wondering
quite which one I have (can't find the original receipt) and then if
I've got the 15kW one, can I just upgrade with some easy component
change ?

Here ya go...

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f...cf31 c6b3fdfc

One is the scanned page from the Riell 40 burner handbook, the other is
the Danfoss catalogue covering replacement pumps, control gear and
nozzles. In the Danfoss cat, pay particular attention to page 81.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I should add, the heat exchanger in yours might not be up to a hugely
larger heat transfer, but it will probably be ok for a bit of an
increase. All you can do is suck it and see.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Aug, 18:20, Grimly Curmudgeon
wrote:
I should add, the heat exchanger in yours might not be up to a hugely
larger heat transfer, but it will probably be ok for a bit of an
increase. All you can do is suck it and see.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
*How much more suspenseful can you get?"
*- House

Many thanks Dave. It was just an idea when I looked up the technical
data to answer the other question on the Riello 40 and noticed that
there didn't seem to be any difference other than the nozzle, etc.

Cheers
Rob