Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric Storage Heaters

I may need to buy a new storage heater. Has anyone tried used either a
Robinson Willey or a Sunhouse brand ( 3.4 kw) heater? Are they OK?

I currently have an old Creda storage Heater which I think could be dodgy
( not sure).

I have tried to get an engineer/ electrician to look at it but no one wants
to know it seems so new has to be considered. I'll wire it in myself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 Aug, 11:16, "endymion" wrote:
I may need to buy a new storage heater. Has anyone tried used either a
Robinson Willey or a Sunhouse brand ( 3.4 kw) heater? Are they OK?

I currently have an old Creda storage Heater which I think could be dodgy
( not sure).

I have tried to get an engineer/ electrician to look at it but no one wants
to know it seems so new has to be considered. *I'll wire it in myself.

There are any number of S/H storage heaters being sold for very low
cost. I have a couple myself you can have for free if you are anywhere
near Hull and can collect.
This is a 1.7kW unit with beige casing and has charge and output
controls.
At the very worst you could cannibalise it for parts such as the
charge thermostat which going by your other posting sounds likely to
be the culprit in your problems

.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"endymion" wrote in message
I may need to buy a new storage heater. Has anyone tried used either a
Robinson Willey or a Sunhouse brand ( 3.4 kw) heater? Are they OK?

I currently have an old Creda storage Heater which I think could be dodgy
( not sure).

I have tried to get an engineer/ electrician to look at it but no one
wants to know it seems so new has to be considered. I'll wire it in
myself.

I have a 'spare' dimplex one that I've taken off the wall.
it stopped working due arcing over at the point where the terminal block
and input wires are the spage and connector have burnt away, can;t see why
it can;t be easly replaced. Mine has a teak/walnut effect darkish brown in
colour.
I plan to offer it on freecycle soonish. London E17/E10 area.