Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap & Cheerful kitchen units, etc.

Looking for someplace local to me (or mail order via tinerweb!) where I
can ge some cheap & cheerful carcases, doors & a worktop - nothing fancy
at all, this is for some storag espace, and a workbench for working on &
assembling lightweight computery type stuff - I'm thinking of 2 double
carcases + doors and 4m of kitchen top on top of it. Nothing fancy!

I'm in South Devon near Totnes if that helps.

Already found http://www.121tradedirect.co.uk/ online - anyone used
them?

Cheers,

Gordon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gordon Henderson wrote:

Looking for someplace local to me (or mail order via tinerweb!) where I
can ge some cheap & cheerful carcases, doors & a worktop - nothing fancy
at all, this is for some storag espace, and a workbench for working on &
assembling lightweight computery type stuff - I'm thinking of 2 double
carcases + doors and 4m of kitchen top on top of it. Nothing fancy!

I'm in South Devon near Totnes if that helps.

Already found http://www.121tradedirect.co.uk/ online - anyone used
them?

Howdens do a 8 unit kitchen for £200, with 3 metre worktops an extra
£35. All units are available singly, they just give a price comparsion
for an 8 unit kitchen.
They are trade only, so you'll need to find someone with a trade account
to get them.

Wickes also do a budget range - Miami. Get the pdf price list he
http://www.wickes.co.uk/content/ebiz...ges/pdf/TAKitc
hensPriceList.pdf

Alan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gordon Henderson wrote:
Looking for someplace local to me (or mail order via tinerweb!) where
I can ge some cheap & cheerful carcases, doors & a worktop - nothing
fancy at all, this is for some storag espace, and a workbench for
working on & assembling lightweight computery type stuff - I'm
thinking of 2 double carcases + doors and 4m of kitchen top on top of
it. Nothing fancy!

I'm in South Devon near Totnes if that helps.

Wickes? Branches in Barnstaple Bridgwater Exeter Plymouth Taunton Weston
Super Mare

Try the Dallas range

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:49:47 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Looking for someplace local to me (or mail order via tinerweb!) where I
can ge some cheap & cheerful carcases, doors & a worktop - nothing
fancy at all, this is for some storag espace, and a workbench for
working on & assembling lightweight computery type stuff - I'm thinking
of 2 double carcases + doors and 4m of kitchen top on top of it. Nothing
fancy!

I'm in South Devon near Totnes if that helps.

Already found http://www.121tradedirect.co.uk/ online - anyone used
them?

Freecycle often has people getting rid of old units for free after having
nice new kitchens put in. My garage, for instance, has nice solid oak
doors on chipboard carcasses ;-)

It depends how fussy you are and how much you're prepared to tinker to
keep the cost down.

And how urgent you are for it as well, obviously..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

A.Lee wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:

[...]

Miami, not Dallas - thats the one. 1000mm base unit £37, not badly made
either.

My local Wickes don't seem to stock that range unforetunately.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Jul, 20:01, (A.Lee) wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:
Looking for someplace local to me (or mail order via tinerweb!) where I
can ge some cheap & cheerful carcases, doors & a worktop - nothing fancy
at all, this is for some storag espace, and a workbench for working on &
assembling lightweight computery type stuff - I'm thinking of 2 double
carcases + doors and 4m of kitchen top on top of it. Nothing fancy!

I'm in South Devon near Totnes if that helps.

Already foundhttp://www.121tradedirect.co.uk/online - anyone used
them?

Howdens do a 8 unit kitchen for £200, with 3 metre worktops an extra
£35. All units are available singly, they just give a price comparsion
for an 8 unit kitchen.
They are trade only, so you'll need to find someone with a trade account
to get them.

Or open your own "trade" account.
Just use the word "they" instead of "me" when talking about a project,
and you'll be OK !
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
sm_jamieson wrote:
On 21 Jul, 20:01, (A.Lee) wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:
[...]

Intersting - this is actually for my business & I'm VAT registered, so I
guess that'll always add weight!

Thanks,

Gordon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Jul, 16:30, Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,

sm_jamieson wrote:
On 21 Jul, 20:01, (A.Lee) wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:
[...]

Yep, its a funny grey area. Several previous posts on it. But
sometimes with trade accounts the discounts don't really kick in until
you've spent a reasonable amount of cash. So may still be better to
get a friendly chippy to get it for you.
Simon.