Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap & Cheerful kitchen units, etc.

A.Lee wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:

Looking for someplace local to me (or mail order via tinerweb!)
where I can ge some cheap & cheerful carcases, doors & a worktop -
nothing fancy at all, this is for some storag espace, and a
workbench for working on & assembling lightweight computery type
stuff - I'm thinking of 2 double carcases + doors and 4m of kitchen
top on top of it. Nothing fancy!

I'm in South Devon near Totnes if that helps.

Already found http://www.121tradedirect.co.uk/ online - anyone used
them?

Howdens do a 8 unit kitchen for £200, with 3 metre worktops an extra
£35. All units are available singly, they just give a price comparsion
for an 8 unit kitchen.
They are trade only, so you'll need to find someone with a trade
account to get them.

Wickes also do a budget range - Miami. Get the pdf price list he
http://www.wickes.co.uk/content/ebiz...ges/pdf/TAKitc
hensPriceList.pdf

Miami, not Dallas - thats the one. 1000mm base unit £37, not badly made
either.

My local Wickes don't seem to stock that range unforetunately.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk