Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap & Cheerful shower enclosure - will this one do?

Looking for an 800mm quadrant enclosure for our downstairs toilet/shower
room.

It is our 3rd bathroom, and only has a shower in it as the room is quite
large, and for the added benefit of not having to take the little ones
upstairs for a wash when they finish their muddy creations in the garden
(downstairs is tiled + wooden floors, upstairs carpeted), and it is too cold
to hose them down outside... Hence the shower is only used, say, 10 times a
year or so, so we really don't want to spend too much on it. Also, the floor
is suspended with very easy access below, so no issue with which tray to
use.

I saw this one on offer from Screwfix which seem to fit the bill -
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/69171/...re-Silver-Tray

Has anyone have any experience with it?

I have never bought any large item from them before, and am a little
concerned about service etc. E.g. how long will I have to wait if a part is
missing from the box, a replacement part is required later, etc?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

JoeJoe wrote:

Looking for an 800mm quadrant enclosure for our downstairs toilet/shower
room.

It is our 3rd bathroom, and only has a shower in it as the room is quite
large, and for the added benefit of not having to take the little ones
upstairs for a wash when they finish their muddy creations in the garden
(downstairs is tiled + wooden floors, upstairs carpeted), and it is too cold
to hose them down outside... Hence the shower is only used, say, 10 times a
year or so, so we really don't want to spend too much on it. Also, the floor
is suspended with very easy access below, so no issue with which tray to
use.

I saw this one on offer from Screwfix which seem to fit the bill -
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/69171/...re-Silver-Tray

Has anyone have any experience with it?

Not that exact one, but it looks like a good deal for the money. I used
something similar for someone once - 6mm glass, stone resin tray and was
pleased with the result.

I have never bought any large item from them before, and am a little
concerned about service etc. E.g. how long will I have to wait if a part is
missing from the box, a replacement part is required later, etc?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

They are usually ok on customer service - so I expect you should not
have too much difficulty.

The other supplier who can be very good (but can't match this particular
deal) is Primrose Bathrooms. They sell mostly via eBay:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Primrose-Bathrooms

(Their current cheapest quad enclosure an tray works out at £220
including delivery)

--
Cheers,

John.

Where to buy 900mm shower enclosure? Andy Champ UK diy 4 November 26th 07 09:02 PM
Shower enclosure JimmyDahGeek@DON'T_SPAM_ME_gmail.com Home Repair 3 December 29th 06 12:25 AM
shower enclosure stinks! [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 24th 06 03:31 AM
shower enclosure John G UK diy 0 February 22nd 06 12:23 PM
Shower enclosure Stinkoman UK diy 1 April 17th 05 04:35 PM