Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pikey Express!

In article , The Medway
Handyman scribeth thus
Went out to Currys yesterday, SWMBO decoded we needed a new dishwasher.

Returned home with new machine in van, pulled out the old machine &
installed new, job done by 5pm.

Left the old machine in the front garden, won't fit in SWMBO's Corsa, they
wont let my van into he tip. SWMBO decides to call the council this morning
to get it collected.

I told her not to bother, the pikeys would get it before the council did.
Sure enough, 8:15 this morning a large tattooed bloke rang the doorbell
"alright if we take the dishwasher guv?". By 8:20 it was gone.

Pikey Express have obviously opened a branch in this area :-)

Can't beat that for service!

I've got an old washing machine but their too upmarket for such stuff
round here;!..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , tony sayer
writes

I've got an old washing machine but their too upmarket for such stuff
round here;!..

Person, or rather persons have just removed 3 X NY14 masts from my
property Tony, just had the quote for replacement £16,000:00 plus from
SMC. Wish ours would stick with collecting washing machines!!!!!!!
--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The Medway
Handyman scribeth thus

I told her not to bother, the pikeys would get it before the council
did. Sure enough, 8:15 this morning a large tattooed bloke rang the
doorbell "alright if we take the dishwasher guv?". By 8:20 it was gone.

Came across a gentleman of the travelling persuasion wrestling a
dishwasher out of a skip t'other day. Said Give us your mobile and I'll
let you know when I've got any iron or steel (boilers, rads etc) to get
rid of, thinking it'll save me lugging them down to the scrappies where I
don't get any money for them, and he could make something from them. Cheeky
SOB starts hassling me for copper & brass "You got anything for me? Now?".
Didn't actually tell him to go forth & multiply but it put me right off
ever gving him a call.

--
John Stumbles

What is a simile like?

Business Cards Express [email protected] Woodworking 6 January 29th 07 01:39 AM
Business Cards Express [email protected] Home Repair 3 January 26th 07 01:30 AM
Business Cards Express [email protected] UK diy 2 January 25th 07 09:48 AM
Shed Express Colin Bird UK diy 8 June 25th 06 11:47 AM
OT Another way to express a political opinion. Usual Suspect Metalworking 4 January 2nd 06 08:22 PM