Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Business Cards Express

What do u think about this?

www.businesscardsexpress.net

Gio

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 25, 3:49*am, "
wrote:
What do u think about this?

www.businesscardsexpress.net

Gio

Expensive. People have handed me these, and they make me nervous--too
easy to scuff the data part.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 25 Jan 2007 04:17:50 -0800, "Charlie Self"
wrote:

On Jan 25, 3:49!m, "
wrote:
What do u think about this?

www.businesscardsexpress.net

Gio

Expensive. People have handed me these, and they make me nervous--too
easy to scuff the data part.

Have I missed something? All I saw at that link was a printing
service, and given that the prices were in Euros, one that I suspect
is of little utility to us Leftpondians.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Have I missed something? All I saw at that link was a printing
service, and given that the prices were in Euros, one that I suspect
is of little utility to us Leftpondians.

Yeah, because the rec is primarily intended for people in the USA.
What?? Who cares what currency they used - this is just another spam
that we should be ignoring (I know, this post isn't helping...)

Instead, let me hijack this thread and mention that I picked up an old
"yankee screwdriver" from eBay recently. With some cleaning, and
refinishing of the handle, and a few driver bits from Lee Valley, it
works like a charm. Got me thinking - here's a tool that's probably 50
or 80 (or more) years old, and I'm happy to get my hands on it, and it
has many years of use left in it. Alternatively, who's going to want
my new Makita cordless drill/driver in even 10 years, much less 50 or
80? I guess the copper in the motor and the Ni and Ca in the batteries
might be so scarce as to be valuable in 50 years, but it's essentially
a disposable tool. Granted, it should last longer than the Craftsman
it's replacing, and the quality of the drill should be good enough that
it will be worth replacing the batteries when they die (even if that's
not cost-effective compared to a whole new drill). Well, that seems to
be the direction our culture is taking - why fix it when you can get a
new one? Go ahead, fill up the landfills with cheap plastic imported
from far away - if I don't see it any more, it's gone.
My challenge to myself (and whoever else wants to listen): make do with
what I have, buy things that will last, buy used if possible, and
overall, be responsible with the resources I have.
(Stepping off the soap box...)
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
EXT EXT is offline

Not much good for North America as the sizes are metric and not compatible
with standard sizes in use in North America. Your business cards would not
fit holders nor nest in a stack without edges sticking out.

wrote in message
oups.com...
What do u think about this?

www.businesscardsexpress.net

Gio

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hi Andy,
I own one of the old Stanley Yankee 130A push-pull screw drivers. Its a
lot more fun to use than the modern drill-driver With planned
obslecence built in. Wonder of wonders no battery needing recharging or
replacement.
Joe G

On Jan 25, 10:31 am, "Andy" wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com,
" wrote:

What do u think about this?

www.businesscardsexpress.net

Spam.

--
Hank Gillette

To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are
to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. -- T. R. Roosevelt