Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default how can i connect 2 waste pipes to one stand pipe?

this is the current waste pipe:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2lwslkj&s=4

i have just got a dishwasher and need to attach another waste pipe,
any ideas what i need to do/ buy?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

benpost wrote:
i have just got a dishwasher and need to attach another waste pipe,
any ideas what i need to do/ buy?

I'd replace the U bend connector with a T and an elbow and reconnect
the U bend connector on the onto the elbow, and put an short length
of pipe on the straight part of the T and the new U bend connector
there. Does this make sense:

| |
+--+ | |
| +--+ |
-----+--------+ |
+--+

You'll need: tee, elbow, 3" of pipe, 3" of pipe, 8" of pipe,
another U bend and upstand pipe.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 04:55:59 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be benpost
wrote this:-

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2lwslkj&s=4

i have just got a dishwasher and need to attach another waste pipe,
any ideas what i need to do/ buy?

I would first test that the existing waste pipe can cope with both
appliances pumping out at the same time.

If that is the case I would fit a running trap [1] roughly where the
existing trap is. On the end of this I would fit a tee, with the
existing standpipe in it. I would continue from the tee with a short
length of pipe to an elbow, into which I would put another
standpipe.

Roughly (used fixed with font to view):

| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
----------- -----------------
| |
| |
----

[1] http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/productmenu.asp, select waste
traps, then 40mm tubular traps, then the one at the bottom. (****ty
web site I know).

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

thanks for the replies, i found this one on the mcalpine site, would
it work ? the only think i can see which might be a problem is the
pipe i have does not have a thread to screw this adapter on to

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/productsearch.asp

put V33WM in the search
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:23:01 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be benpost
wrote this:-

thanks for the replies, i found this one on the mcalpine site, would
it work ? the only think i can see which might be a problem is the
pipe i have does not have a thread to screw this adapter on to

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/productsearch.asp

put V33WM in the search

Whether it works depends on whether there is an air inlet in the
gadget. The hole in the middle may provide this,though it looks a
little small.

I suspect you would find that at the bottom of the photograph is not
a threaded connector, but a compression fitting for screwing onto a
plain bit of 40mm pipe.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"benpost" wrote in message
this is the current waste pipe:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2lwslkj&s=4

i have just got a dishwasher and need to attach another waste pipe,
any ideas what i need to do/ buy?

http://www.choiceful.com/choiceful-i...th-Spigot.html

fitted in the vertical pipe just above the trap.

--
Keith

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"benpost" wrote in message
this is the current waste pipe:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2lwslkj&s=4

I have used one of these for the last 10+ years without a problem
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/11879/...-Drain-Out-Kit .
Mine is attached about 8" above the u bend, about level with your cable I
suspect. They can be bought a t Been & Queued etc but cost a bit more.

HTH

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

On 10 Jul, 12:55, benpost wrote:
this is the current waste pipe:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2lwslkj&s=4

i have just got a dishwasher and need to attach another waste pipe,
any ideas what i need to do/ buy?

An option that is worth considering is the Marley sink trap with two
extra inlets - 1 for a washing m/c the other for a dishwasher.

It works well here & saves a lot of space and avoids messy stand
pipes, but the m/cs are only run together overnight (Economy 7).
Additional advantage is that all connections are sealed. Initially I
was concerned that connecting the 3 wastes through 1 trap might
overload the trap (with waste coming up into the sink) but that has
never occurred.

Ours came from B&Q but any Marley stockist should have them. Only
seen them in the Marley range.

HTH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jim" wrote in message
On 10 Jul, 12:55, benpost wrote:
this is the current waste pipe:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2lwslkj&s=4

i have just got a dishwasher and need to attach another waste pipe,
any ideas what i need to do/ buy?

An option that is worth considering is the Marley sink trap with two
extra inlets - 1 for a washing m/c the other for a dishwasher.

It works well here & saves a lot of space and avoids messy stand
pipes, but the m/cs are only run together overnight (Economy 7).
Additional advantage is that all connections are sealed. Initially I
was concerned that connecting the 3 wastes through 1 trap might
overload the trap (with waste coming up into the sink) but that has
never occurred.

Ours came from B&Q but any Marley stockist should have them. Only
seen them in the Marley range.

HTH

Our washing machine instruction book says that the waste outlet should be
hung over a trapped pipe at between 30 and 36 inches above the base of the
washing machine, normally a sink trap is a lot lower than this. Admittedly
the WM is quite old (purchased in June 1993, Servis Gem 800) maybe the drain
arrangement on newer ones are different?
Don

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I got the same one as John and am going to fit it later, as he said
about 8" above the u bend . thanks for all the help