Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OK to mix-and-match push-fit fittings?

Are push-fit fittings interchangeable across different brands of PEX
pipe in practice? I know each manufacturer wants you to buy their
fittings and pipe but, for some items, Screwfix/Toolstation only have
one brand. Is there any reason not to mix-and-match?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mike wrote:
Are push-fit fittings interchangeable across different brands of PEX
pipe in practice? I know each manufacturer wants you to buy their
fittings and pipe but, for some items, Screwfix/Toolstation only have
one brand. Is there any reason not to mix-and-match?

The fittings all have to match the same size copper pipe, so there is
not much scope for locking you in to one brand of plastic.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 26, 3:33*pm, John Rumm wrote:

The fittings all have to match the same size copper pipe, so there is
not much scope for locking you in to one brand of plastic.

Doh!
Why didn't I think of that?
Thanks, John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 26, 5:01*pm, mike wrote:
On Jun 26, 3:33*pm, John Rumm wrote:

The fittings all have to match the same size copper pipe, so there is
not much scope for locking you in to one brand of plastic.

Doh!
Why didn't I think of that?
Thanks, John.

Worth getting the inserts from the same maker of the pipe if poss.

cheers,
Pete.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pete C wrote:
On Jun 26, 5:01 pm, mike wrote:
On Jun 26, 3:33 pm, John Rumm wrote:

The fittings all have to match the same size copper pipe, so there is
not much scope for locking you in to one brand of plastic.

Doh!
Why didn't I think of that?
Thanks, John.

Worth getting the inserts from the same maker of the pipe if poss.

Yup, agreed.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:40:33 -0700, Pete C wrote:

On Jun 26, 5:01Â*pm, mike wrote:
On Jun 26, 3:33Â*pm, John Rumm wrote:

The fittings all have to match the same size copper pipe, so there is
not much scope for locking you in to one brand of plastic.

Doh!
Why didn't I think of that?
Thanks, John.

Worth getting the inserts from the same maker of the pipe if poss.

cheers,
Pete.

I'd say it is absolutely essential that the inserts match the plastic
pipe make. Everything else is fully interchangeable (which must **** off
the manufactuers no end).

Push fit pipe fittings slider UK diy 6 April 21st 08 05:08 PM
New Kitchen sink - mix & match waste fittings? jkn UK diy 1 March 13th 08 07:25 PM
Are push fit plumbing fittings any good? Steve UK diy 75 September 3rd 05 01:56 PM
Compression vs. push-fit fittings? al UK diy 23 April 15th 05 10:12 PM
Push-in pipe fittings [email protected] UK diy 0 April 13th 05 02:23 AM