Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default suggestion for beginner's book on how to use a router?

Can anyone suggest a good book on 'how to use a router' for a
competant DIYer who has never used one.

Many thanks,

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"RobertL" wrote in message
Can anyone suggest a good book on 'how to use a router' for a
competant DIYer who has never used one.

Many thanks,

Robert

Use the newsgroup....

rec.woodworking and they will guide you to sites on the internet that
will knock socks off buying books.
The info is out there you just need to know what to put into google.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

theyve got some good ones in leominster library,
when i get a really good library book
i sometimes then buy it on the interweb!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RobertL wrote:
Can anyone suggest a good book on 'how to use a router' for a
competant DIYer who has never used one.

The best one I have found is:

"Woodworking with the Router: Professional Router Techniques and Jigs
Any Woodworker Can Use"

by Bill Hylton, Fred Matlock

See he-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...ternodeltdcomp

It covers everything from the basics through to details jig construction
and gives loads of useful little tips along the way.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 23, 5:46*pm, John Rumm wrote:
RobertL wrote:
Can anyone suggest a good book on 'how to use a router' for a
competant DIYer who has never used one.

thank you all, especially John, for suggestions.

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:46:47 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

RobertL wrote:
Can anyone suggest a good book on 'how to use a router' for a
competant DIYer who has never used one.

The best one I have found is:

"Woodworking with the Router: Professional Router Techniques and Jigs
Any Woodworker Can Use"

by Bill Hylton, Fred Matlock

See he-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...ternodeltdcomp

It covers everything from the basics through to details jig construction
and gives loads of useful little tips along the way

..
I love the RRP £16.95 and used price £42.86 :-)) Obviously an
antique appreciating in value :-))
Posted to uk.d-i-y

.
I love the RRP £16.95 and used price £42.86 :-)) Obviously an
antique appreciating in value :-))

Oops, did not notice it was out of stock... try this version:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Woodworking-...4330604&sr=1-3

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 19:04:01 +0100, John Rumm

Oops, did not notice it was out of stock... try this version:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Woodworking-...4330604&sr=1-3

Thanks, but after your recommendation, I have already arranged for a
relative to get a copy in the States.

Best regards.

Beginner's Note samson Woodturning 23 November 1st 07 11:51 AM
Beginner's Tiling Book? [email protected] Home Repair 4 February 23rd 07 02:14 PM
Beginner's tools Mark Tetrault Woodturning 4 September 27th 05 04:56 PM
Beginner's Question buck Woodturning 1 October 27th 04 07:29 AM
Router bit suggestion? Mark & Shauna Woodworking 4 August 31st 04 02:27 AM